1. Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.

5-Day Smoking Basics eCourse

Discussion in '5 Day Smoking Basics eCourse' started by TulsaJeff, Jul 22, 2005.

1. TulsaJeff

TulsaJeff Smoke Whisperer Staff Member Administrator OTBS Member

I am looking at writing an eCourse on the basics of smoking.. this would be geared mainly toward newbies and would cover such topics as meat selection, building a good fire, maintaining consistent temps, etc.

This would be an email course that would come directly to your inbox in 5 installments and for 5 consecutive days after signing up.

would you be interested in something like that? Do you think it would be useful?

Answer yes or no here

2. johnnyreb

johnnyreb Smoking Fanatic OTBS Member

SC
    oh yea

3. enjoy hearing and getting the whats new from warm country.

4. TulsaJeff

5. sickpuppy

sickpuppy Fire Starter

Yes, indeed!

6. jcharpentier

jcharpentier Fire Starter

most definitley!

7. smokin_all_night

smokin_all_night Meat Mopper OTBS Member

Yes

8. I would be very interested. And if you need an editor, I can help you with that!

9. I guess I was too late to make it under the wire. I did go and click on the survey but I did it today, Monday the 25th.

I'm a rank newbie to smoking. I picked up an electric smoker at a garage sale. It doesn't have instructions with it but it looks as if it's never been used. I had been thinking of getting a Bradley or maybe one of the Bradley "smoke generators" and building my own smoke house. <g>

I am on the smoking list at Yahoo as well.

Glad to be here, Jim

10. ranger72

ranger72 Meat Mopper OTBS Member

I would be willing to participate as a mentor to newbies.

ranger72 :)

11. prplptcrzr2003

prplptcrzr2003 Smoke Blower OTBS Member

Count me in!

12. TulsaJeff

Last edited: Oct 18, 2017
  13. bigdaddyviking67

bigdaddyviking67 Smoke Blower OTBS Member

This is a good deal, and will be helpful for our other halfs when buying meat, can print off the what to look for portion of selecting meat and make them commit it to memory.

14. sickpuppy

sickpuppy Fire Starter

Jeff,

I enjoyed the eCourse. It was very helpful and I learned something’s that will be very helpful in my quest for the perfect BBQ. I have placed your eCourses in a folder on my computer for future reference.

Between the forum and your eCourse, I can see the in-laws, out-laws, and friends, lining up to come over for smoked BBQ.

Thanks for the site and the help.

Dan “sickpuppyâ€

15. monty

monty Master of the Pit Moderator OTBS Member SMF Premier Member

Jeff, just went through the five day course and I learned a great deal! I love to cook and am no stranger to the barbie as well as campfire cooking and all that. Will soon do up my first smoke! Thanks and keep the fire goin' and the the spirit(s) movin'!
    Monty :D

16. OK, If someone has seen all 5 eCourses, why haven't I. As we read, I have 4. What's zup? Senor Harv

17. Dutch

Dutch Smoking Guru Staff Member Administrator Group Lead OTBS Member OTBS Admin SMF Premier Member

Jeff, I just finished reading part 5. I really enjoyed it. Maybe I'll have to do me a Brithday brisket and a couple of fatty's this weekend!! :D

18. monty

monty Master of the Pit Moderator OTBS Member SMF Premier Member

Happy Birthday, Dutch, and many happy returns!
    Monty

19. bob-bqn

bob-bqn Smoking Fanatic OTBS Member

Have a great birthday Earl! Hope that brisket is delicious.

20. Dutch

Dutch Smoking Guru Staff Member Administrator Group Lead OTBS Member OTBS Admin SMF Premier Member

Thanks Guys, told the Bride what I want to do and see gives me the LOOK :shock: and said "Don't plan on doing anything this Saturday". To be honest now I'm almost afraid to get out of bed come Saturday morning.