3 Jalapeno Cheddar Sausage's Stuffed Mashed Potato Loaf, Fresh Salsa Salad and Mozza cheese sauce Pic heavy

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

DRKsmoking

Legendary Pitmaster
Original poster
OTBS Member
SMF Premier Member
Jan 27, 2021
Middle Sackville, Nova Scotia ,Canada
3 Jalapeno Cheddar Sausage's Stuffed Mashed Potato Loaf Fresh, Salsa Salad and Mozza cheese sauce

Well I had a day off on our long weekend so been wanting to try this for awhile.
So I have 3 Long Sausages , grilled to get a nice crust on the skins,
1.JPG

Boil 5 large potatoes, Fry red onions and celery and fresh dried parsley, set aside. Mash the potatoes and let cool so I can use them.
Add the fried veg, 2 eggs, 1 cup of floursalt and pepper to taste.
2.JPG 3.JPG

Should be a good texture so you can form the potatoes how you/I want.
4.JPG

Now lay out a big piece ( I used 2 strips ) of plastic wrap. Spread out enough potatoes to be the bottom so the sausages do not stick out, Stack the sausages. now cover with the rest of the mash potato to form a big round loaf. Roll with the plastic wrap and twist the ends place on a flat pan and into the fridge for a couple hours.
5.JPG

6.JPG

I made a coating to add before it goes into the smoker, A little egg and milk wash than flour , paprika and Mesquite BBQ rub and parsley flakes. When you bring out the loaf brush it down with the wash and heavy dust with the blended dry. I set it on to a double thick sheet of tinfoil so it did not get stuck to the grate in the smoker ( spray the foil )
7.JPG 9.JPG
8.JPG

Into the smoker at 335 +/- Deg. with Mesquite Chunks, for approx. 2 hours ( everything is already cooked ) Just want the loaf to get a nice crust and all hot inside. I brought it up to 200 IT.

While that is smoking I made a nice Fresh Salsa salad. Tomatoes, red- green-and yellow bell peppers, red onions, mini mozza balls, parsley and lime juice. Put in fridge to chill for supper.

Also made a Mozza Cheese Sauce,
1 tablespoon of butter,
2 table of flour
1 cup milk
1/2 cup shredded mozza cheese
1/4 cup Parm cheese
salt and pepper to taste
Melt the butter, add the flour . Bring to bubbling on Med heat. I remove from heat and add the cheese stir until well blended .
Then back on Med/High heat and slowly add the milk and stir so it does not scorch or stick to pan. Keep stirring until starting to thicken
( I added more butter later as it started to thicken when the food was ready , you can just add a little more milk to thin out. )
This was really good Mona said almost like Alfredo Sauce,
10.JPG

The loaf is out and topped with more Mozza and under the broiler for about 15 minutes

11.JPG

12.JPG

The mashed potato with the flour almost made it like a bread . It has a very nice crust that6 I hade to use a serrated knife to cut
The mashed was very tasty and the loaf did sag a little and the sausages did settle a bit. Next time I will make the potatoes just a little stiffer

So here is the loaf sliced and the fresh Salsa was great with the lime sharpness to the potato and hot sausage flavors. And the Mozza cheese sauce over the top .
Mona wanted some fried mushroom's in butter , as if this was not rich enough, lol

13.JPG

14.JPG

15.JPG

You can see the potato is almost like bread crust, fantastic

16.JPG

Little bite of heaven

17.JPG

Well it was so good went in for a second plate with out the mushroom's , Mona ate them all up
The cheese sauce was starting to thicken up
18 second plate.JPG

Thanks for hanging on , I know long winded . But I have not posted for a bit . So can't stop talking:emoji_laughing::emoji_laughing:

David

Holy smokes that is a creation! I can honestly say I have never seen that before, but it sure looks tasty!

Reactions: DRKsmoking
Holy smokes that is a creation! I can honestly say I have never seen that before, but it sure looks tasty!
Thanks Civil for the like and the comment

Something I wanted to try for a while, thought it might work ...and it did.
I think it could only taste better when I make my own sausages. lol

Will be doing this again , so many different ways to use this

David

Reactions: civilsmoker
Mercy! That looks great and creative also. Altho Mona and I might would have to go to the mat for the 'shrooms!
Jim

Thanks Civil for the like and the comment

Something I wanted to try for a while, thought it might work ...and it did.
I think it could only taste better when I make my own sausages. lol

Will be doing this again , so many different ways to use this

David
I can see lots of possibilities to potato loaf filled smoked goodies.... Its a new version of twice baked!

Mercy! That looks great and creative also. Altho Mona and I might would have to go to the mat for the 'shrooms!
Jim

Thanks Jim for the like and the comment

She would give you a run for your money if it's for her mushroom's fried in butter, lol

This was a fun build and real nice meal

David

• Haha
Reactions: JLeonard
Lott work...but I bet it was DEEEEEElicious!!

Thanks Keith for the like and the comment

Not that bad on the amount of work , especially compared to most of the items you put out . still dreaming of your double stacked Grilled cheese burger....

It was really good , went in for seconds , cheese sauce started to thicken , but did not care still tasted gooood

David

That looks amazing! I never would have thought about something like that but it looks delicious 🙂

Thanks Adam for the comment

I am a little on the trying strange things with potatoes , Love smoking them different ways
It was very tasty and lots of different flavors on the plate

David

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Latest posts

Hot Threads

Clicky