2nd Tri Tip

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

rippinntearin

Smoke Blower
Original poster
May 6, 2011
St. Petersburg, FL
Afternoon,

So after my first Tri Tip which IMO was a little overdone, I just cooked my 2nd last night. It was damn near perfect! Reverse seared once it hit 125 and pulled at 135. The temp climbed to 140 which was a perfect medium-rare for my family. Oh....AND I cut across the grain this time (rookie mistake last time... https://www.smokingmeatforums.com/threads/first-tri-tip.310165/).

My kids bellies were full and my wife enjoyed it as well! Solid Sunday dinner...

Rip...

Attachments

• 1.jpg
    1.jpg
    219.7 KB · Views: 39
  • 2.jpg
    2.jpg
    147 KB · Views: 43
So after my first Tri Tip which IMO was a little overdone, I just cooked my 2nd last night. It was damn near perfect! Reverse seared once it hit 125 and pulled at 135. The temp climbed to 140 which was a perfect medium-rare for my family. Oh....AND I cut across the grain this time (rookie mistake last time...
I can't even guess at the number of tri-tips I've cooked and I always make a little sketch of the grain direction so I can get my first cut in the right spot. They are generally the same, but the grain will be a little tricky on some.
fjx6ngp-jpg.jpg

Reactions: ShakingHorizons
SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Latest posts

Hot Threads

Clicky