1st Try at a Smoked Turkey

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
Impressive looking!! Points to you!

Thanks moto, and thanks for the like.

Nice job with the turkey! Great color!

Thanks hard, I was worried the color would get to dark. thanks for the like.

Looks great I definitely have this on the list for the holidays

thank for kind words tag. I working on that very same premise.

Top shelf inside and out . Points for the tuck and tie .

Thanks chopsaw for compliment.

Chris That bird is beautiful should be a magazine cover shot. Point worthy
Richie

Thanks Richie, I almost didn't want to carve it up. Thanks for the like appreciate it.

Chris

Looks really good, Chris.

Thanks for the like blue, it was really good. The only problem now is I'm getting turkey'd out.

Great job Chris!! Beautiful color on that bird.
The turkey and ham at Christmas, Easter, and Thanksgiving is Miss Linda's domain. I don't even think about suggesting smoking them--which has probably added years to my life span. LOL
POINT
Gary

I agree Gary in my 33yrs of wedding bliss those have always been the wife's special day. The only thing I get to do is run errands and carve. Thanks for like, and the compliment.

Chris

Nice job Chris! How long did you smoke it for?
You know yankee, I'm not totally sure how long it took. I know I started around 1:00 pm and finished somewhere between 4 and 5. best guess I didn't watch the clock. Thanks for the like.

I've done lots of turkey breasts on the WSM, but never the whole bird. Very Impressive!
Thanks for the like DJ, you should try it. It's easier then I originally thought. Sometime during the summer I want to do just the turkey breasts. I'm basically a white meat eater.

Chris

I would join you in a heat beat! Point!

Thanks for the like Zippy, If your ever in the area let me know.

Nice color!

The color was my main concern when I first started this bird. I knew the wife would crown me if I brought in a burnt looking turkey. Thanks BKing

Chris

Great job!!! Same with me, tried a smoked turkey and we love it way better than smoked chicken. I did the same as you, just injected it and let her smoke away with a mix of Apple and Hickory. Looks delicious!!

Mine seems to think that cooking for 60 of her 65 years makes her some kind of an expert... :confused: o_O
Listen, if you wear pants, and you are a guy, you are automatically wrong. :(:p
I just roll with it. :)

Thanks for reassurance. I remember my wife's first try at lasagna. She put one layer of noodles down over some sauce. Spread all of the ground beef across the noodles, mixed the cottage, ricotta, mozz, and Parmesan cheese together and spread it across the ground beef. Tossed some more sauce on top of that and added another layer of noodles and topped with more sauce. Baked it and served it to the family. She wondered why she still had so many noodles left. One layer lasagna. We still tease her about it.

Chris

Great job!!! Same with me, tried a smoked turkey and we love it way better than smoked chicken. I did the same as you, just injected it and let her smoke away with a mix of Apple and Hickory. Looks delicious!!

Thanks sauced, I wanted to use just apple, but didn't have decent chunks.

Chris

"Mine seems to think that cooking for 60 of her 65 years makes her some kind of an expert... "

I guess I'm lucky in that my wife does not cook and she knows it. She just leaves it all to me. When I met her she tried a few things and thought that the smoke detectors in the house were cooking timers: When they went off, the food was done. Whew....glad all that's in the past now :-)

Robert

Fantastic looking Bird Nothing like a good smoked Turkey

Gary

Sorry I'm so late, Chris, but I'm Old & Slow!!
However that is a Beautiful Job on that Bird---The color is Fantastic!!:)

You get the Thanksgiving Job from now on!!!
Like.

Bear

Fantastic looking Bird Nothing like a good smoked Turkey

Gary

Thanks Gary. It was my first and won't be the last. Thanks for the like also.

Sorry I'm so late, Chris, but I'm Old & Slow!!
However that is a Beautiful Job on that Bird---The color is Fantastic!!:)

You get the Thanksgiving Job from now on!!!
Like.

Bear

Thanks Bear appreciate the kind words. I doubt I'll get the call, but at least I'll be there on standby. I've been married long enough to know which buttons to push. Thanks for the like.

Chris

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Hot Threads

Clicky