1st time making Kansas City Burnt Ends

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

young j

Fire Starter
Original poster
Feb 20, 2017
Miami Dade County
Hey, been a while since I posted on here but smoked some Kansas City style burnt ends for the first time yesterday I wanted to share.

I found a few prime brisket points on sale at Milan’s this weekend. I got a few of them and decided to make real burnt ends with one of the points.

I smoked it on my WSM at 250. Smoked it until it reached 195 IT, let it rest for 30 min before I cut it into cubes and then I put it into a tin pan with bbq sauce, covered the top with foil and finished them in the oven since the fire died out. Blown away by how good they came out, really tender, nice bark and not too sweet.

Attachments

• D21DABAD-AFEC-4CF2-8A2A-C84558D2E892.jpeg
    D21DABAD-AFEC-4CF2-8A2A-C84558D2E892.jpeg
    226.4 KB · Views: 64
  • C2C6BEAF-F531-4D73-B559-B62DBBAB21BC.jpeg
    C2C6BEAF-F531-4D73-B559-B62DBBAB21BC.jpeg
    221.6 KB · Views: 64
Hey, been a while since I posted on here but smoked some Kansas City style burnt ends for the first time yesterday I wanted to share.

I found a few prime brisket points on sale at Milan’s this weekend. I got a few of them and decided to make real burnt ends with one of the points.

I smoked it on my WSM at 250. Smoked it until it reached 195 IT, let it rest for 30 min before I cut it into cubes and then I put it into a tin pan with bbq sauce, covered the top with foil and finished them in the oven since the fire died out. Blown away by how good they came out, really tender, nice bark and not too sweet.
Well done, wish I could buy points around here, but I have a better chance of catching a leprechaun tomorrow.

Looks great! I’m pretty jealous that you can buy points. Around me it’s either whole packer or the flat. Never see the points. I’d only buy them if I could.

Milan’s is actually the only place I’ve ever seen that only sells the point.
Looks great! I’m pretty jealous that you can buy points. Around me it’s either whole packer or the flat. Never see the points. I’d only buy them if I could.

Milam's is the only place I've ever seen that sells brisket points and it was the second time I've ever seen it in the meat section of the store. For the most part, it is hard to find butchers down here in Miami that sell the whole packer unless you pre-order it.

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Hot Threads

Clicky