1st Sausage attempt.

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SUPPORT THE FORUM-- Go Ad-FREE!

Bigtank

Smoking Fanatic
Original poster
SMF Premier Member
Jul 10, 2018
Algona IA
Made my first 2 batches of sausage today. Brats & Breakfast Links. Tried it for supper (no pics) turned out pretty tasty.
20221125_180150.jpg

DougE

Master of the Pit
OTBS Member
SMF Premier Member
Apr 13, 2010
Richmond,KY
Looks great from where I'm sitting. I did a lot of youtube watching before I made my first as well.

Fueling Around

Master of the Pit
★ Lifetime Premier ★
Dec 10, 2018
FL winter, MN summer
Sausage making is actually way easier than the zealots make it sound. Sure they won't be picture perfect, but if you can eat them ....
Yours actually look great. What's the secret to your success?

DougE

Master of the Pit
OTBS Member
SMF Premier Member
Apr 13, 2010
Richmond,KY
First time making sausages?! Doesn't look like this... :emoji_wink: Looks great! Nice work on linking...
I dunno, I learned much by watching sausage makers on youtube before my first try. If you don't have a mentor among your personal friends, watching videos can go a long way in knowing how much to fill, how to link, etc. My first attempt would have been a mess if I hadn't had access to the internet.

indaswamp

Epic Pitmaster
Staff member
OTBS Member
Apr 27, 2017
South Louisiana-Yes, it is HOT
I dunno, I learned much by watching sausage makers on youtube before my first try. If you don't have a mentor among your personal friends, watching videos can go a long way in knowing how much to fill, how to link, etc. My first attempt would have been a mess if I hadn't had access to the internet.
Same for me when it comes to Italian Salumi. I have learned a lot just watching how they do things and why.....

Reactions: DougE

chopsaw

Epic Pitmaster
OTBS Member
★ Lifetime Premier ★
Dec 14, 2013
OFallon Mo.
Made my first 2 batches of sausage today. Brats & Breakfast Links. Tried it for supper (no pics) turned out pretty tasty.
They look great . I think you'll find after they sit the flavor will get better . Nice work .

Brokenhandle

Legendary Pitmaster
Staff member
OTBS Member
★ Lifetime Premier ★
Nov 9, 2019
Nw Iowa
Nice looking sausage! Especially for your first time!

Ryan

BGKYSmoker

Epic Pitmaster
Staff member
OTBS Member
★ Lifetime Premier ★
Group Lead
Dec 25, 2010
Flaherty, KY
Looks good.

Can't beat your own sausage, fresh or smoked.

Latest posts

Hot Threads