1st Sausage attempt.

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

Bigtank

Smoking Fanatic
Original poster
SMF Premier Member
Jul 10, 2018
Algona IA
Made my first 2 batches of sausage today. Brats & Breakfast Links. Tried it for supper (no pics) turned out pretty tasty.
20221125_180150.jpg

Looks great from where I'm sitting. I did a lot of youtube watching before I made my first as well.

Sausage making is actually way easier than the zealots make it sound. Sure they won't be picture perfect, but if you can eat them ....
Yours actually look great. What's the secret to your success?

Reactions: SpinelessPete
First time making sausages?! Doesn't look like this... :emoji_wink: Looks great! Nice work on linking...
I dunno, I learned much by watching sausage makers on youtube before my first try. If you don't have a mentor among your personal friends, watching videos can go a long way in knowing how much to fill, how to link, etc. My first attempt would have been a mess if I hadn't had access to the internet.

I dunno, I learned much by watching sausage makers on youtube before my first try. If you don't have a mentor among your personal friends, watching videos can go a long way in knowing how much to fill, how to link, etc. My first attempt would have been a mess if I hadn't had access to the internet.
Same for me when it comes to Italian Salumi. I have learned a lot just watching how they do things and why.....

Reactions: DougE
Made my first 2 batches of sausage today. Brats & Breakfast Links. Tried it for supper (no pics) turned out pretty tasty.
They look great . I think you'll find after they sit the flavor will get better . Nice work .

Nice looking sausage! Especially for your first time!

Ryan

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Latest posts

Hot Threads

Clicky