1st Attempt at Smoking Cheese **Q-View**

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

biged92

Smoke Blower
Original poster
SMF Premier Member
Mar 23, 2012
Huntington Beach, California
This morning I went to the grocery store to buy a few things to smoke up some chickens this afternoon.  While I was there I saw some cheese on sale and figured what the heck, I can smoke the cheese while the yard birds were cooking. 

So while the WSM was heating up, I setup my Master Forge for a little cold smoking.  I used the 12" AMNTS, with 1 part apple pellets, and 2 parts cherry pellets.

I figured for my first attempt I would use some less expensive cheese.

Into the smoker they went.

Halfway through the smoke I gave the cheese a flip.

The cheese just out of the smoker.  Based on what I have seen from other posts, the color seem to be there.

The cheese all vaccum packed and ready for a 2 to 3 week nap in the frig.

The smoker maintained a steady temp of 75 degrees throughout the whole process.  Thou I did have to place a bag of ice in the smoker about half way through, as the temps were starting to creep up a bit.  The temp outside was about 57 degrees, so it wasn't too cold.

I'll repost in a couple of weeks when I am able to open up the packages and give them a taste.

Thanks for looking.

110.gif

Looks great! We've found that the pepper jack when smoked brings out the heat! Which we love!!!! Nothing better than smoked Cheesus!!!

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Latest posts

Hot Threads

Clicky