• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.

Z Grills

chew2475

Smoke Blower
Joined Dec 28, 2014
Does anybody have any experience with wood pellet ZGrills ? Would love any input and pros/cons.

Winterrider

Master of the Pit
OTBS Member
SMF Premier Member
★ Lifetime Premier ★
Joined Sep 29, 2018
Search forum pellet grills. There is discussion there. My copy/paste doesn't work here on my Kindle.
Maybe did this time.

912smoker

Smoking Fanatic
SMF Premier Member
Joined Nov 29, 2020
Me either but Tom does and they have a great special running now

TNJAKE

Smoking Guru
Joined Nov 26, 2019
I haven't used one but I did check one out at Kroger of all places last week. They had like 12 of them. $369 if I remember right. Add $30 if I remembered wrong lol. Seemed like a good enough unit to me. Alot of folks will tell you rec teq or bust. They are nice but the market is currently flooded with great options for nice pellet smokers that fit in everyone's price range. If it's in your price range grab it

ofelles

Smoking Fanatic
SMF Premier Member
Joined Mar 16, 2019
I look at them once an walked away. Plus any grill sold at a grocery store???

TNJAKE

Smoking Guru
Joined Nov 26, 2019
I look at them once an walked away. Plus any grill sold at a grocery store???
Like said all people have different budgets and expectations. Pellet smokers just about all have the same mechanisms that cause them to do what they do. Also they are all about the same in thickness until you get into the upper level ones that will cost 1k and higher. I'd happily put my pitboss Austin XL up against anything else out there in the same class. Kroger also is now selling blackstones so it's probably unfair to say you can't get a good deal from a grocery store

ofelles

Smoking Fanatic
SMF Premier Member
Joined Mar 16, 2019
Like said all people have different budgets and expectations. Pellet smokers just about all have the same mechanisms that cause them to do what they do. Also they are all about the same in thickness until you get into the upper level ones that will cost 1k and higher. I'd happily put my pitboss Austin XL up against anything else out there in the same class. Kroger also is now selling blackstones so it's probably unfair to say you can't get a good deal from a grocery store

I do not have Krogers here in Cal. Blackstone is an outstanding brand. As usual I stand corrected and you are correct budgets are a factor for sure.
I have gotten tired of cookers rusting out and/or falling apart in a few years so I try to buy once, cry once.

TNJAKE

Smoking Guru
Joined Nov 26, 2019
I do not have Krogers here in Cal. Blackstone is an outstanding brand. As usual I stand corrected and you are correct budgets are a factor for sure.
I have gotten tired of cookers rusting out and/or falling apart in a few years so I try to buy once, cry once.
No disrespect meant on my part just my .02 cents. I have a buddy that has a super tiny pellet smoker that imo is a POS. But he thinks it's the greatest thing ever lol. We all have different means and expectations

TGRIMMOSU#1

Meat Mopper
Joined May 26, 2020
My brother in law has had one he picked up from rural king. He doesn't clean anything and is hard on everything. It stills fires right up! I'd say go for it! You can spend 300 or 3000 but if you're burning the same bag of pellets there's not gonna be any difference to speak of. That's just my opinion.

chef jimmyj

Epic Pitmaster
Staff member
OTBS Member
SMF Premier Member
★ Lifetime Premier ★
Group Lead
Joined May 12, 2011
I like the features of that 600E save one...Z Grills do not have Pellet Dump capabilities. I would not use it very frequently and though it not exceptionally humid here, Summer Rain Showers followed by Sunshine and humidity are not uncommon.
I don't think you can beat the price of their grills...JJ

Colin1230

Smoking Fanatic
SMF Premier Member
Joined Jan 18, 2021
I don't know much about Z-Grill other that they like to sponsor with NASCAR. So, it must be a good grill, right? I wouldn't be afraid to try one.

Latest posts

Hot Threads

Top Bottom
  AdBlock Detected

We noticed that you're using an ad-blocker, which could block some critical website features. For the best possible site experience please take a moment to disable your AdBlocker.