Z Grills

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
I haven't used one but I did check one out at Kroger of all places last week. They had like 12 of them. $369 if I remember right. Add $30 if I remembered wrong lol. Seemed like a good enough unit to me. Alot of folks will tell you rec teq or bust. They are nice but the market is currently flooded with great options for nice pellet smokers that fit in everyone's price range. If it's in your price range grab it

I look at them once an walked away. Plus any grill sold at a grocery store???
Like said all people have different budgets and expectations. Pellet smokers just about all have the same mechanisms that cause them to do what they do. Also they are all about the same in thickness until you get into the upper level ones that will cost 1k and higher. I'd happily put my pitboss Austin XL up against anything else out there in the same class. Kroger also is now selling blackstones so it's probably unfair to say you can't get a good deal from a grocery store

Reactions: 912smoker
Like said all people have different budgets and expectations. Pellet smokers just about all have the same mechanisms that cause them to do what they do. Also they are all about the same in thickness until you get into the upper level ones that will cost 1k and higher. I'd happily put my pitboss Austin XL up against anything else out there in the same class. Kroger also is now selling blackstones so it's probably unfair to say you can't get a good deal from a grocery store

I do not have Krogers here in Cal. Blackstone is an outstanding brand. As usual I stand corrected and you are correct budgets are a factor for sure.
I have gotten tired of cookers rusting out and/or falling apart in a few years so I try to buy once, cry once.

I do not have Krogers here in Cal. Blackstone is an outstanding brand. As usual I stand corrected and you are correct budgets are a factor for sure.
I have gotten tired of cookers rusting out and/or falling apart in a few years so I try to buy once, cry once.
No disrespect meant on my part just my .02 cents. I have a buddy that has a super tiny pellet smoker that imo is a POS. But he thinks it's the greatest thing ever lol. We all have different means and expectations

Reactions: ofelles
My brother in law has had one he picked up from rural king. He doesn't clean anything and is hard on everything. It stills fires right up! I'd say go for it! You can spend 300 or 3000 but if you're burning the same bag of pellets there's not gonna be any difference to speak of. That's just my opinion.

I like the features of that 600E save one...Z Grills do not have Pellet Dump capabilities. I would not use it very frequently and though it not exceptionally humid here, Summer Rain Showers followed by Sunshine and humidity are not uncommon.
I don't think you can beat the price of their grills...JJ

I don't know much about Z-Grill other that they like to sponsor with NASCAR. So, it must be a good grill, right? I wouldn't be afraid to try one.

I bought a Z Grill about a month ago, I've used it several times a week since then and so far no complaints. My Shirley makes better bbq but the pellet pooper is convenient for quick cooks.

I may be a little late to the game here, but I owned one for two years. It did not work out of the box. I've had to replace the controller twice, the motor twice, now it doesn't heat up. I have had maybe 12 cooks on it. I finally got fed up with it (after two years) and asked them to replace it. Six emails, two chats, and four phone calls later they told me that I had to go through Amazon because that is where I purchased it. The Zgrills warranty is three months and it has to be packed exactly as it was in the box to be sent back. Let me tell you that if they stick to that policy there is no one returning their grill because that sucker is packed impeccably. It is actually quite impressive how it all fits together in the box.

By the way, Amazon was very good to me. They are picking it up Monday and returning about 90% of what I paid for it.

The moral of the story is, if you haven't purchased one yet, I highly recommend that you go with a different company. If you decided to purchase one already, I would be curious to hear how it goes. I know that some people have had good luck with them nd I can tell you that the few times it actually worked, I loved it what it produced..

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Latest posts

Hot Threads

Clicky