Z grills and 217 grills the same?!

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

mpaisley88

Original poster
May 30, 2019
Ok, I've been smoking meat for a few years now with a traditional offset. I'm looking at getting a pellet grill because I'm wanting to do pulled pork for my wedding rehearsal dinner but I know I wont have enough time to watch the offset all day. I e been looking a z grills and noticed something...this is their grill (yes I know its sold out): https://zgrills.com/collections/new-arrival/products/zpg-10002e-8-in-1-wood-pellet-grill-smoker . Then I get an add in my email from rural king offering this model:

Am I crazy or is this not the same grill but way cheaper?! Thanks for any input!

Its hard to say unless you had both side by side, I looked at the ones RK had when they first came out and seen a lot of stainless in the burner area, been 2 years since I paid much attention to them, a lot of companys add another line with cheaper material in order to hit different price points

Reactions: mpaisley88
I enjoyed cooking on my 217 grill. If i would have known it was from China before i purchased it, I might not made the purchase. First problem the grill said I could connect it to Bluetooth. I will need to download a specific app. Well, it connects to Bluetooth. But there was no app. I reach out to customer support, but they were only there to help people order replacement parts, The manufacturer never contacted me back. The just removed my 5-star review because I mentioned the app not being there. I continued using the grill. I was cooking fine. But somewhere during the cook it stopped cooking and had an error. I tried to contact customer support. I couldn't reach them/ I got a different number from Rural King. No one answers- it. I left a message with my problem and number. Gave it a few days and called back. Never got a response. My hopes were to purchase the part I need so I can continue to use the grill and recommend the grill to others. But I can't recommend a grill to anyone if I can't reach support and the will not call me back to offer support. I will post this review on multiple platforms. Do not buy 217 Grills.

If you could contact customer support, I would recommend the grill. But since I can't, and they won't reach out to me and try to resolve the issue I can't recommend them.

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Hot Threads

Clicky