• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.

Wooden Smoker Build - Choriso.

Abishai

Joined Jul 14, 2019
Hello,

I am planning on a building a cabinet smoker out wood - North American Pine.

Something like the images uploaded here (which I may have got from SMF).

Approx dimensions:
Height - 6 ft
Width - 4 ft
Depth - 2 ft

Heres my question, I need advice and suggestions with regards to the smoke box/smoking chamber.

What would be the correct size or dimensions of the smoking chamber/smoke box for smoker of the size I mentioned.

I'd really appreciate the help as this build is long pending.

Also any advice with regards to the build will be most appreciated.

Attachments

fivetricks

Master of the Pit
OTBS Member
Joined Jan 7, 2017
The images you have posted are using a chargriller firebox that is widely available at big box stores. So if that's what you want to use for yours, that should take a bit of work out of it.

Looking at your post, now I want to build one! :-)

However, this calculator should serve. It's meant for RF tanks but the calcs should all be the same for a standard box

https://www.smokingmeatforums.com/threads/standard-reverse-flow-smoker-calculator-by-daveomak-and-others-ready-to-use-rev5-6-19-15.172425/#post_1264161

Abishai

Joined Jul 14, 2019
The images you have posted are using a chargriller firebox that is widely available at big box stores. So if that's what you want to use for yours, that should take a bit of work out of it.

Looking at your post, now I want to build one! :-)
I'm based in Mumbai, India. Getting ready parts is very difficult, so will have to get it fabricated.

Planning on building a smoker to smoke some Goa Chorisos.

Attachments

fivetricks

Master of the Pit
OTBS Member
Joined Jan 7, 2017
Those look just phenomenal.

Go ahead and check out that calculator I posted then. That should get you where you need to be.

Hot Threads

Top Bottom
  AdBlock Detected

We noticed that you're using an ad-blocker, which could block some critical website features. For the best possible site experience please take a moment to disable your AdBlocker.