Wireless Thermometer Recommendations

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

n3cw4rr10r

Original poster
Apr 24, 2020
Hey everyone,

I have a Masterbuilt MES 130P and general consensus seems to that the built in thermometer is not good. Any recommendations on a good thermometer, wireless preferred.

Thanks

Ok Ok, I'm the new guy, I'll be different, lol

I just got this last week and have used a couple of times so far. Came highly recommended and seems to be doing the trick.

ThermoPro TP-08S Wireless Remote Meat Thermometer w Dual Probe

Have Inkbird, Thermpro, and Maverick. All are very good and accurate. The Thermpro is easiest to set alarms, Maverik the most difficult.

I have an Inkbird and like it. Only thing I dislike it graph feature in the app. If you change temps or close the app it deletes the graph. Not sure on the other platforms if they do the same. I know my Weber Igrill saves it for the whole cook though.

Its alittle after 12pm here I currently have been using my inkbird since about 1230am last night here is a screen shoot from my phone it still has 83%battery left.
Screenshot_20200425-115638_BBQ Go.jpg

The 47% is my phone battery not the inkbird in that pic above. And here is a pic of the graph of the pit temp from some time around 2 am it didn't record from 1230 because at 2 am I set the alarm to wake me up if the pit temps went too low or too high.
Screenshot_20200425-115646_BBQ Go.jpg

Ok Ok, I'm the new guy, I'll be different, lol

I just got this last week and have used a couple of times so far. Came highly recommended and seems to be doing the trick.

ThermoPro TP-08S Wireless Remote Meat Thermometer w Dual Probe
I have had one for almost two years and had to replace the food probe and now I must replace it again. Yesterday it showed my refrigerated chicken was 111 degrees when I inserted the probe. The grill/smoker probe is off by about 5 degrees, which is not bad.

I have both the Inkbird IBT-4XS and the ThermoPro TP-08S Mentioned.

Bought the TP first. I’ve always had trouble syncing the grill unit with the handheld remote, but the temps have been accurate.

Been very happy with the Inkbird. Was spot on out of the box on all 4 probes, good BT range, and I like the app.

While a little more expensive, I vastly prefer the Inkbird - I pretty regularly use all 4 probes, the phone app much more convenient, and their customer service has been really responsive.

Well, I have to put a plug in for Fireboard. Wifi or bluetooth, weather proof, 6 probes, charts and graphs, you can store your sessions, label your channels and other cool features. You should at least give them a look.

I have thought about trying one of those fancy ones mentioned above, but my 3 Mavericks just won't quit. They are 10, 9, & 6 years old, and they just keep on Trucking!
They are an ET-73, and 2 ET-732s.
I think I only had to replace a total of 3 Probes, in a combined 25 years!!

Bear

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Latest posts

Hot Threads

Clicky