Winter /Snow / Winds

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

Winterrider

Smoking Guru
Original poster
OTBS Member
★ Lifetime Premier ★
Sep 29, 2018
North Dakota
Has everyone else just about had their fill of winter ? Our local news last night showed there was 55 days so far with below 0° temps . Not sure what snow totals for areas of the state are, it has been so hard to tell with all the winds to follow these snowfalls. Looks like the Northeast is going to receive our last jetstream this evening and tomorrow.
Just got done cleaning up from our last blizzard. Thought I better try and move some snow from back by the garden ( breaking fence ) to expose it hoping for a thaw. Probably wouldn't see dirt until late May otherwise. It blew in very hard so had to chop all with shovel. Just did length of the garden as there is 6' banks up ahead. Can see tip top of fence post in photo #2
20220224_151534.jpg
20220224_151519.jpg

At least you have the JD to help out. I feel your pain, we didn’t get it as bad as you guys did but was still terrible here too!

That has to suck! Is that somewhat normal snowfall and drifting for you? Living in Iowa I definitely understand what an inch or two with 40 plus mph winds can do. We are currently about 12 inches of snow under our normal here...knock on wood!

Ryan

That's alot of snow. I am in the northeast. Ice coming tonight

WOA dude thats some snow! I wish that was here….I love a huge dummer snow storm

That has to suck! Is that somewhat normal snowfall and drifting for you? Living in Iowa I definitely understand what an inch or two with 40 plus mph winds can do. We are currently about 12 inches of snow under our normal here...knock on wood!

Ryan
We are actually well below normal snowfall totals but the winds have been absolutely ridiculous. The field on the back side of the tree claim is just about bare.

Reactions: bigfurmn
Are you using a bucket on your lawn tractor ??? Get a blower... I put a 6' blower on my Jubilee and clean the driveway in 20 minutes.. 250' of driveway and turnouts etc.... used to take 4 hours with a back blade...

We are actually well below normal snowfall totals but the winds have been absolutely ridiculous. The field on the back side of the tree claim is just about bare.
I hear ya! I keep a snowmobile around for just the same reason. Only have 1 1/2 miles to drive to do chores but at times the snowmobile is the only way to get there. And that's with having a 130 hp front wheel assist tractor with 8 foot bucket.

Ryan

Has everyone else just about had their fill of winter ? Our local news last night showed there was 55 days so far with below 0° temps . Not sure what snow totals for areas of the state are, it has been so hard to tell with all the winds to follow these snowfalls. Looks like the Northeast is going to receive our last jetstream this evening and tomorrow.
Just got done cleaning up from our last blizzard. Thought I better try and move some snow from back by the garden ( breaking fence ) to expose it hoping for a thaw. Probably wouldn't see dirt until late May otherwise. It blew in very hard so had to chop all with shovel. Just did length of the garden as there is 6' banks up ahead. Can see tip top of fence post in photo #2View attachment 526832View attachment 526833
I like everything in that picture except for the color of your garden tractor.
I am strictly IH:
74F6EF63-C808-4085-BB23-416DC218A9CB.jpeg

Reactions: Winterrider

Ryan
Shut the F up!!! You are gonna jinx the entire upper Midwest!!! 😂

Reactions: Brokenhandle
Has everyone else just about had their fill of winter

Yes we have had enough here for sure. Not like winterrider in the amount on the ground . But 7 weeks 7 storms. Another one today and tomorrow.
Today another 10 - 20 cm of snow and - 12 and add some heavy winds :emoji_disappointed::emoji_angry:
It's the High winds, -20deg. than + 12 and rain than the ice storms.....Yes I am done with winter, I also want to go fishing , but not through the ice.

David

Wife is from Switzerland and is never cold.
Haveing said that she doesnt want to ever relocate to snow country.
I'm a hypocrite. I love winter but hate being cold.

Wow! I sure don't miss Michigan winters. We have had couple ice storms. We are thawing out of one right now but all in all been a very nice winter here. More like spring. Guess we lucky. Good luck.

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Latest posts

Hot Threads

Clicky