Happy Winter to all, LOL

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
Snow??? Man you guys should see how Cajuns drive in snow! Lol! High entertainment value, but it sucks for the guys at the firehouse. Calls all day and night....

Thanks Keith for the like and the comment

I can just imagine the driving in snow if never done it before . And I feel for the firemen/women. The calls from the accidents and also trying to get to them. even though the trucks are heavy , once the roads are ice hard to get around.

Even around here the first snow every year. It is like everyone forgot how to drive. Then once the stupid ones are in the ditches , its safe to drive around lol

David

Reactions: Fueling Around
I've always wanted to live on the water. Does looking out on that lake give you a peaceful contented feeling ? Or does it get old and its soon just like anything else ?

I know when I went fishing, it always just felt good to be on the water. It was soothing.

Sadly, unless I hit the lottery or something, I'm living in the house I will die in and the view out the back is terrible. The physical and financial logistics of moving are just out of the question.

I've always wanted to live on the water. Does looking out on that lake give you a peaceful contented feeling ? Or does it get old and its soon just like anything else ?

I know when I went fishing, it always just felt good to be on the water. It was soothing.

Sadly, unless I hit the lottery or something, I'm living in the house I will die in and the view out the back is terrible. The physical and financial logistics of moving are just out of the question.

Thanks for the comment

1st question, we love it here so much, and often say how lucky we were and are to have this view and we enjoy the lake all summer long. Lots of days before work I will throw a worm on the hook and just sit there for a half hour or so. Catching or not. But most times always something on the line .

We are still looking for a small piece on the ocean with in an hour or so, to just put our RV on , and when the time comes sell this place and get an apartment if we have the piece on the ocean.
But we will also have to win the lottery as the prices went through the roof when Covid hit and folks were buying up lots of the land at stupid prices. Oh well, time will tell.

But for now we will live our days on our little piece of heaven to us.

David

Yeah you can keep that snow. We havent had much this year and I’m ok with that.

Thanks Tom for the comment.

This was our first real snow , that stayed more than a day. Should be gone by
tomorrow with the rain and warm weather today and tomorrow.

And I would be good if that was all we get for the rest of the season.

David

I miss winter. My arthritis does not.
Even around here the first snow every year. It is like everyone forgot how to drive. Then once the stupid ones are in the ditches , its safe to drive around lol

David
My favorite quip is 4wd will put you in the ditch twice as fast as 2wd.

I lived in Seattle for over 16 years. The worst snowflakes are the idiots behind the wheel.

I miss winter. My arthritis does not.

My favorite quip is 4wd will put you in the ditch twice as fast as 2wd.

I lived in Seattle for over 16 years. The worst snowflakes are the idiots behind the wheel.

IThanks John for the like and the comment

I hear ya on the nut job drivers in the snow,

I think I was 18 or 19. My fist big truck for me 3/4 ton 4x4. thought nothing could stop me.
Well I got it stuck so bad in the back road mud. Had to get a tow truck to get me out and then I had to help him get back to main road.

Boy was I embarrassed. Young and dumb, but at least I was cute and had hair than.:emoji_disappointed::emoji_disappointed:

David

• Haha
Reactions: Brokenhandle
She could not stop laughing and said I THROW LIKE A GIRL, talk about pride.
Your Canadian David. Yous guys are used to shooting hockey pucks - not throwing snowballs.

Jabba the hutts cousin, but what's with the two left hands.
1702296342267.png

Chris

Your Canadian David. Yous guys are used to shooting hockey pucks - not throwing snowballs.

Jabba the hutts cousin, but what's with the two left hands.
View attachment 683119
Chris

Thanks Chris for the ha ha and the comment
Sorry Chris I thought I mentioned his name was Lefty Thisaway

David

Reactions: gmc2003
SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Latest posts

Hot Threads

Clicky