Winners of the Super Bowl Throwdown...

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

gmc2003

Epic Pitmaster
Original poster
OTBS Member
SMF Premier Member
Sep 15, 2012
First, I'd like to thank all those who participated, voted, and donated such wonderful prizes. We had a great turnout both in entries submitted and in voting. I'm pretty sure we hit record numbers in both!!!

Now onto the winners:

First up is the forum poll voting. The poll voting was a neck in neck battle until the very end. We actually had to call in an impartial forum member who hadn't voted in the poll to make the final decision.

So, let's congratulate xray xray for his Chicago inspired Italian beef pull-apart ring!!!
xrays prize will be 2 racks of Certified Piedmontese Beef ribs and an assortment of rubs. Donated by our very own tx smoker tx smoker

1677679611648.png

Next the runner-up in the forum poll voting:

Give a big round of applause to jcam222 jcam222 for his entry of Smoked cheddar stuffed KC BBQ meatballs!!! Jcam's prize is also donated by one of our wonderful forum members Steve H Steve H , and he will be receiving an Amazen gift pack consisting of a 12in smoking tube, 2-2lb bags of pellets and a bottle of gel starter.

1677680315344.png

Last but not least. The winner of the committee vote. This had to be the toughest decision we as judges have had to make in a long time. So many excellent entries to consider. A true testament to the talent of our forum's members.

Without further ado...the winner of the committee voting is civilsmoker civilsmoker for his entry of Moose 3-ways. Congratulations Civil for an excellent entry. Civil's prize is his choice of a gift box from ManCrates valued up to $80.00.

1677681300486.png

Again, thanks to all who participated in this throwdown, and thanks to the SMF staff for allowing us to take on this endeavor. It was huge success. Finally, a special thanks to TulsaJeff TulsaJeff for it wouldn't be possible to have this event without SMF.

Thank you.
The SMF Throw Down Committee.

Congratulations to all involved! Fantastic entries and a great job by the staff. All nicely done.

Wow congratulations to all the winners and very well deserved.
I missed this one as I was away and kind of glad :) . The entries were great and
a great showing from lots of members

I did get a chance to sign on yesterday , just in time to vote and I will say the I did vote for xray xray for his Chicago inspired Italian beef pull-apart ring
and it was a hard choice for the top 2 as I was tossed between Joes and Jeffs

Good job by the staff for pulling this off and for TulsaJeff TulsaJeff for having the site to do this

David

Reactions: negolien
Any one of them could have taken it. Nice job all around. I look forward to the individual posts giving us some insight on how they made them.

Definitely excellent entries and for all the extended efforts creating these dishes. Sure wish we could've have tasted each one of them. BIG Congrats to xray xray , jcam222 jcam222 and civilsmoker civilsmoker . Special thanks to tx smoker tx smoker , Steve H Steve H . Your donations are just a great example of what makes this place so special.

Thanks a bunch for all your work staff members and TulsaJeff TulsaJeff for the website we all enjoy.

Wow!! What an amazing turnout across the board. Honestly, I had to go through the entries a dozen times or more before making my decision which to vote for. Some incredible stuff showcased making for a very difficult decision. One thing is for sure, there are no losing entries here. Just a couple that may have been thought a bit better than others. Congrats to all!!

A special thanks to the Throwdown Committee for putting together what I believe to be the best one yet. Some fantastic work on the part of TNJAKE TNJAKE , gmc2003 gmc2003 , and DougE DougE putting it all together, promoting, and organizing it. I have no doubt that there was a LOT of time put into this getting the nuts and bolts figured out. From here on, it should be a lot smoother I'd guess. Can't wait to see the next one gentlemen.

Robert

edit - responded to the wrong person from another forum. This is what happens when you have a Jeep Wrangler forum and a smoking forum open at the same time while on a work call...lol

A very BIG CONGRATULATIONS!! to the winners. All well deserved as were all of the other entries...

Congratulations to all the winners! Even though I think ALL of those entries looked incredible. Thank you to The SMF Throw Down Committee as well. These events are great fun to watch...(and vote on).

Don

Thank you all for the kind words! This was my first throwdown and I never expected to win! I was just trying to figure out something tasty for the Super Bowl, and figured what the heck.

I’ll try to get up on the big computer in a few days and get a detailed thread out of my entry.

Thanks again and it was a lot of fun!

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Latest posts

Hot Threads

Clicky