Winner, Winner Chicken Dinner

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

djsmokesupreme

Fire Starter
Original poster
May 27, 2013
Neptune Beach, Florida
Had to brag just a little. Won my first contest last weekend. I'm particularly proud because the rub and sauce were both homemade.
chicken dinner.JPG
winner winner.jpg
chicken dinner.JPG

Congratulations on the win. Chicken looks real good.

Chris

One new trick I tried was to buy some mini loaf pans, the kind you bake cornbread in so it comes out looking like a little loaf of bread. I put a generous amount of rub in the bottom and then cooked the thighs skin-side down in the pans in the smoker for the first hour, then turned them out of the pans and finished them skin-side up. This gave them the uniform shape, which helped them cook very evenly and made a nice presentation.

One new trick I tried was to buy some mini loaf pans, the kind you bake cornbread in so it comes out looking like a little loaf of bread. I put a generous amount of rub in the bottom and then cooked the thighs skin-side down in the pans in the smoker for the first hour, then turned them out of the pans and finished them skin-side up. This gave them the uniform shape, which helped them cook very evenly and made a nice presentation.

Thanks for the tip! The chicken looks absolutely delicious.

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Latest posts

Hot Threads

Clicky