Winchester model 1200, 12 gauge 2 3/4 “ chamber

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

SmokinAl

SMF Hall of Fame Pitmaster
Original poster
Staff member
OTBS Member
★ Lifetime Premier ★
Jun 22, 2009
Central Florida (Sebring)
I inherited a 12 gauge from my Dad years ago & would like to restore it for my Son or Grandson. The shotgun itself is in excellent condition, even though it’s 60 some years old. The problem is the barrel is missing & I need to try to find one. I have been looking for a couple of months now & they just aren’t around anymore. Any of you guys have one, or know a source.
Thanks,
Al

Good luck finding one Al,,that's going to be a nice gun restored. Thats the gun I grew up with running beagles and rabbit hunting. Lots of good memories with that one.

G'morning Al,
that isn't too hard to find used, but new might be.
Do you want to do a like new, 100% restoration, or just replace the barrel?
That model's barrels have been discontinued, and the newer 1300 barrels aren't compatible with the 2-3/4" guns.
But lots of parts are available at certain places like gunbroker.com.
Here is a set of parts up for auction, https://www.gunbroker.com/item/875596452

Keep an eye on various auction sites like gunbroker and even ebay.

Last edited:
Your best bet is probably just to keep an eye on gunbroker.com or ebay. Best of luck in your search.

When they discontinued the 1200 I remember guys buying up whatever they could .

Try gun parts Corp. or jacks first. Bobs gun parts in Arkansas might have something?

gpc and jacks 1st Our my go to at my gun shop for parts.

just be sure when you find one to get it checked for headspace. If you don’t know how take it to a gunsmith .

Good luck finding one Al,,that's going to be a nice gun restored. Thats the gun I grew up with running beagles and rabbit hunting. Lots of good memories with that one.
Hey Al,

Best luck with your quest. I assume that you've already contacted Winchester?

I would think that a skilled gunsmith could make the barrel.

https://www.google.com/search?client=firefox-b-1-d&q=Top+ranked+US+gunsmiths

I did a quick google for antique firearms dealers and came up with a list.

https://www.google.com/search?client=firefox-b-1-d&q=Antique+firearms+dealers
G'morning Al,
that isn't too hard to find used, but new might be.
Do you want to do a like new, 100% restoration, or just replace the barrel?
That model's barrels have been discontinued, and the newer 1300 barrels aren't compatible with the 2-3/4" guns.
But lots of parts are available at certain places like gunbroker.com.
Here is a set of parts up for auction, https://www.gunbroker.com/item/875596452

Keep an eye on various auction sites like gunbroker and even ebay.
When they discontinued the 1200 I remember guys buying up whatever they could .
Al guns are my other thing check out Brownells .com
Brownells isn't going to have a discontinued 1200 barrel. 🙄
Try gun parts Corp. or jacks first. Bobs gun parts in Arkansas might have something?

gpc and jacks 1st Our my go to at my gun shop for parts.

just be sure when you find one to get it checked for headspace. If you don’t know how take it to a gunsmith .

Thanks for all the ideas guys. I did find one, but the guy wanted $350 fo it. That’s a bit pricey for me. I also found a guy who had a sawed off barrel, only 14“. Not quite legal. I’m going to keep looking.
Al

I been a collector of Ruger M77 rifles and pre-64 Model 12's for many years. I buy many of my guns on Gunbroker.com. You stand a good chance of finding one there. Search every few days and something should pop up.

I been a collector of Ruger M77 rifles and pre-64 Model 12's for many years. I buy many of my guns on Gunbroker.com. You stand a good chance of finding one there. Search every few days and something should pop up.

Thank-you, I’ll check it out.
Al

I inherited a 12 gauge from my Dad years ago & would like to restore it for my Son or Grandson. The shotgun itself is in excellent condition, even though it’s 60 some years old. The problem is the barrel is missing & I need to try to find one. I have been looking for a couple of months now & they just aren’t around anymore. Any of you guys have one, or know a source.
Thanks,
Al
Try NUMRICH GUNPARTS

I gave them a try, still no luck. Am finding out that a model 1300 will fit the receiver of my 1200. So I’m expanding my search.
thanks Jim!
Al

Am finding out that a model 1300 will fit the receiver of my 1200.
That's true , but has to be a field model .
Keep checking auction sites . Like said above , you're not going to find a discontinued barrel on a gun parts site .
I would find a local gun show . Find a shotgun table , and tell the guy the " family gun " story and your plans for it . I bet you get what you need at a fair price .

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Latest posts

Hot Threads

Clicky