Cub Cadet (Better than Zero-Turn)---Sold June 14.

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

Bearcarver

Gone but not forgotten RIP
Original poster
OTBS Member
Group Lead
Sep 12, 2009
Macungie, PA
Cub Cadet (Better than Zero-Turn)

OK guys, this is my last one.
I sold my Gravely, with Mower & Blower last year, because my Cub does such a good job mowing, and I don’t have to blow snow any more, because Bear Jr plows All with his Ram & Boss V-plow.
Then I got to the point where I can’t even mow on a rider any more, so Bear Jr & his helper are doing my mowing with his Zero-Turn.
So now I’m going to put it in FB Marketplace for $1400.
However, if anyone from SMF wants it bad enough to come & get it, they can have it for $1200.
I can tell you that in 60 years of mowing, my Gravely was awesome, because Gravely tractors just Are.
However this Cub Cadet is easily the best Mower I’ve ever had. Zero-turns are outstanding, and this one has a steering wheel & it steers just like a regular 4 wheel tractor.

So here’s a little about it:
Cub Cadet Zero-Turn Rider, with Steering Wheel

BTW: I bought it brand new in 2015.

Asking: $1400

RZTS. 4 Wheel Steer, with Cruise Control
Kohler 7000 Series——22 HP—725 cc
42” Cut (2 blades)

See it in action:
Link to video of one like ours:

Zero Turn Maneuverability With Steering Wheel Control
Handles 360° zero turns and straightaways with ease
Drives just like a car or a tractor - but still turns on a dime
Minimizes turf damage; delivers optimal performance and results
22HP/725cc Kohler 7000 Series V-Twin OHV 4-Cycle Engine
Dual-seal air filter keeps debris out of the engine
Full pressure lubrication with full-flow filter
Dual Hydro-Gear EZT-2200 Hydrostatic Transmissions
No shifting - just push the foot pedal and go
42-Inch, 2-Blade Floating Mower Deck
13-gauge, stamped steel design
8-position, spring-assisted deck lift (lever operated)
2 anti-scalp gauge wheels
Patented SmartJet™ high-pressure deck washing system
Steering Wheel Control With Comfort Grip W • Fully Welded 12-Gauge Steel Frame
E-Coat corrosion defense system for protection & durability
Cub Comfort™ Deluxe High Back Seat
11-position fingertip adjustment with 6" seat travel

BTW: This comes with 2 extra pairs of Blades too.

Bear

Garage Kept since New:
unnamed-1.jpg

unnamed-2.jpg

unnamed-3.jpg

unnamed-4.jpg

Last edited:
It's actually the Zero-Turn this thing has that makes it the greatest mower of all times.
I didn't want to have to get used to the two hand steering that regular "Zero-turn" mowers have. This thing does all the wheel control on it's own, and all you do is steer it with a steering wheel, just like any other mower or tractor.
And you can spin it on it's own axis. That ability cut my mowing time way down too.
So like I said, I'd put that Gravely up against any other Tractor, but when it comes to "Just plain Mowing" this Zero-turn Cub Cadet is the "Cat's Meow". (LOL Never heard that one before, huh??)

Bear

I believe we just became best friends.
Here is my cub cadets, one for plow duty, one for grass duty:
CCCA1843-3ADA-4A85-979B-628970919A68.jpeg

You could actually plow without chains on, or weights??
My Gravely weighed 1,000 pounds, with the engine over the back wheels, and I still needed chains & concrete blocks on the back hitch. And that was to use the Snowblower!! (Plus the 230 pound Bear in the driver's seat!)

Bear

Last edited:
I have a Cub Cadet LTX 1046 and it's a great mower...

View attachment 634266

I have the same one Dave... with a bagger ...

Before this one I had the Cub with the drive shaft instead of a belt... It was really overpriced and didn't change a thing except for the occasional idler pulley going bad ...

Bear... how long do you think it would take you to drive that to Fl. ??

View attachment 634302

My Gravely weighed 1,000 pounds, with the engine over the back wheels, and I still needed chains & concrete blocks on the back hitch. And that was to use the Snowblower!! (Plus the 230 pound Bear in the driver's seat!)

Bear
Snow blower out front weighs a lot more than a plow blade that's why chains and weights are needed. My JD with blower is worthless without them (alright ready for the other green slams :emoji_laughing:)

View attachment 634302

Bear
I got wheel weights on it, inner and outer. 50lbs per wheel. No chains. Snow was light n fluffy.
Them old school cub cadets where built to last.

Before this one I had the Cub with the drive shaft instead of a belt... It was really overpriced and didn't change a thing except for the occasional idler pulley going bad ...

The one I had before this one was a Cub Cadet too, but it was their first try at Zero-turn with a steering wheel, and it was a piece of junk. I don't remember the model name, but I only kept it 3 years. I had to replace all 3 Blade Bearings more than once a year. After the first one, they were free, but a total PITA changing them every year! I guess it was worth it to them, because it helped bring this miracle machine forward. This thing is Awesome!!

Bear

This one would take forever @ about 5 MPH Max!
My old Gravely would have been a lot quicker @ 14 MPH in 3rd Gear, High Range.

Bear

Last edited:
I sold this Guy, and the Man picked it up 2 days ago, on June 14.

Bear

Man a zero turn with a steering wheel? That engineer drank beer and smoked cigarettes! It takes talent to drink beer and smoke with two separate handles on the mower but can be done...good thing I quit smoking lol.
Sucks you had to sell it but glad you found a home for it.

Ryan

Man a zero turn with a steering wheel? That engineer drank beer and smoked cigarettes! It takes talent to drink beer and smoke with two separate handles on the mower but can be done...good thing I quit smoking lol.
Sucks you had to sell it but glad you found a home for it.

Ryan
I like driving by and waving at people on zero turns. Lol

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Latest posts

Hot Threads

Clicky