1. Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.

Wife is GONE!!!!!!!!!!!

Discussion in 'Blowing Smoke Around the Smoker.' started by martin1950, Apr 16, 2019.

1. Made the round trip in and out of Chi-town yesterday, put the wife on a plane to Idaho for 2 weeks. I ain't seen that much traffic since I left the Bay Area. Being home all alone, except for the horses, cats, dogs, parrots and 3 tanks of Koi, I've decided to catch-up on my smoking tomorrow and I'll start with a 9# Butt, 4# pork loin, couple of beer-can chickens, 2 chunks of beef and 7 blocks of assorted chesses. Even warned the fire chief that I'd be using both smokers and the smoke was going to be rolling out of the garage because of a good chance of rain. The only problem is I just can't decide on what to have for supper tomorrow nite. But that's a good problem to have. Heck, I might even put together a pan of beans tonite. Even got a new 5&1/2 qt Dutch oven I ain't used yet. 20190416_135402.jpg

2. daveomak

daveomak Epic Pitmaster OTBS Member SMF Premier Member

Hey Martin... Don't send her pictures... You'll be the new full time cook.....

bdskelly and martin1950 like this.
  3. Inscrutable

Inscrutable Smoke Blower SMF Premier Member

NC
    But from the looks of it, will only have to cook once a month :emoji_astonished:

martin1950 likes this.
  4. indaswamp

indaswamp Master of the Pit OTBS Member

Smoke 'em if ya got 'em.....

Zero Hour, martin1950 and JC in GB like this.
  5. Dave, it's no secret to her that I can cook. When we met over 45 years ago she was a civil contracted K.P. and I was the Mess Sargent. She knows.

frosty, hb99 and JC in GB like this.
  6. martin, give her a call before she comes back....and tell her to take her time coming back home...lmao.

martin1950 likes this.
  7. Shall we bring our own plate?

martin1950 likes this.
  8. Inscrutable

NC
    I love to cook, don’t mind shopping, and hate cleanup ... and my wife of almost 40 years is complete opposite ... perfectly complementary.

Zero Hour, seanysmokes and martin1950 like this.
  9. Ain't quite set-up for a gathering yet but I wouldn't rule one out in the future. I'm only on 2 & 1/2 acres and most of that in horse fencing.

10. I have several pasture's as well. Wouldn't be the first time I've slept in one. :emoji_laughing:

martin1950 likes this.
  11. Inscrutable

NC
    As long as you wake up with the whole horse and not just the head next to you :emoji_wink:

12. gmc2003

gmc2003 Legendary Pitmaster OTBS Member

That's enough of a feedbag for the Koi, but what are you, the horses, dogs, cats and parrot gonna eat?

Chris

martin1950 likes this.
  13. HalfSmoked

HalfSmoked Smoking Guru Group Lead OTBS Member SMF Premier Member

Awesome wife will be back and everything better in place and cleaned up. :emoji_wink: :emoji_laughing:

Warren

martin1950 likes this.
  14. Hawging It

Hawging It Master of the Pit

Go for it SON!! Enjoy your time!!!

Zero Hour and martin1950 like this.
  15. Way back when I was in the Army, the word was Army cooks go to cooking school to forget how to cook. LOL!

I wasn't sure where you were going when you said the wife is gone then proceeded with: Being home all alone, except for the horses, cats, dogs, parrots and 3 tanks of Koi, I've decided to catch-up on my smoking tomorrow...I was half expecting a bad divorce and you were going to cook most of the animals you listed for revenge.

I'm glad there was a better outcome than what was in my sick mind. :emoji_wink:

BigTurtle, Zero Hour and martin1950 like this.
  16. HalfSmoked

HalfSmoked Smoking Guru Group Lead OTBS Member SMF Premier Member

Martin1950 Thanks for the like it is appreciated.

Warren

17. Well after 11 hours of running to and from the garage tending 2 smokers and a meat slicer, EVERYTHING is done. Not only that but everything is sliced, pulled, sectionalized, bagged and tag and the kitchen and slicer and pans are all clean. Made a few oop's but they were minor. All I'm doing tomorrow is dicing some potatoes and putting the hash together. And I even got some PP to my farmer neighbor as a thank you in time for supper. Now if I starve to death in the next two weeks it's only because I broke both legs and can't get to my freezer.

hb99, funny, I was trained at Ft. Lee VA. yeah, on an Army base. I'm sorry if my opening sentence confused ya, nah!!

Martin
    20190417_061823.jpg 20190417_070854.jpg 20190417_104924.jpg 20190417_121648.jpg 20190417_130323.jpg 20190417_145600.jpg 20190417_160414.jpg 20190417_190231.jpg 20190417_194758.jpg

hb99, Zero Hour, uncle eddie and 4 others like this.
  18. Hawging It

Hawging It Master of the Pit

Nice!!

martin1950 likes this.
  19. chopsaw

chopsaw Master of the Pit OTBS Member SMF Premier Member ★ Lifetime Premier ★

Very nice .

martin1950 likes this.
  20. Unique Name

Unique Name Meat Mopper

My E-vitation must have went to spam folder.
    Looks great though!!!

martin1950 likes this.