Wife is GONE!!!!!!!!!!!

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

martin1950

Smoking Fanatic
Original poster
Jan 18, 2019
Hartford. S/W Michigan
Made the round trip in and out of Chi-town yesterday, put the wife on a plane to Idaho for 2 weeks. I ain't seen that much traffic since I left the Bay Area. Being home all alone, except for the horses, cats, dogs, parrots and 3 tanks of Koi, I've decided to catch-up on my smoking tomorrow and I'll start with a 9# Butt, 4# pork loin, couple of beer-can chickens, 2 chunks of beef and 7 blocks of assorted chesses. Even warned the fire chief that I'd be using both smokers and the smoke was going to be rolling out of the garage because of a good chance of rain. The only problem is I just can't decide on what to have for supper tomorrow nite. But that's a good problem to have. Heck, I might even put together a pan of beans tonite. Even got a new 5&1/2 qt Dutch oven I ain't used yet.
20190416_135402.jpg

That's enough of a feedbag for the Koi, but what are you, the horses, dogs, cats and parrot gonna eat?

Chris

Reactions: martin1950
Dave, it's no secret to her that I can cook. When we met over 45 years ago she was a civil contracted K.P. and I was the Mess Sargent. She knows.

Way back when I was in the Army, the word was Army cooks go to cooking school to forget how to cook. LOL!

I wasn't sure where you were going when you said the wife is gone then proceeded with: Being home all alone, except for the horses, cats, dogs, parrots and 3 tanks of Koi, I've decided to catch-up on my smoking tomorrow...I was half expecting a bad divorce and you were going to cook most of the animals you listed for revenge.

I'm glad there was a better outcome than what was in my sick mind. :emoji_wink:

Well after 11 hours of running to and from the garage tending 2 smokers and a meat slicer, EVERYTHING is done. Not only that but everything is sliced, pulled, sectionalized, bagged and tag and the kitchen and slicer and pans are all clean. Made a few oop's but they were minor. All I'm doing tomorrow is dicing some potatoes and putting the hash together. And I even got some PP to my farmer neighbor as a thank you in time for supper. Now if I starve to death in the next two weeks it's only because I broke both legs and can't get to my freezer.

hb99, funny, I was trained at Ft. Lee VA. yeah, on an Army base. I'm sorry if my opening sentence confused ya, nah!!

Martin
20190417_061823.jpg 20190417_070854.jpg 20190417_104924.jpg 20190417_121648.jpg 20190417_130323.jpg 20190417_145600.jpg 20190417_160414.jpg 20190417_190231.jpg 20190417_194758.jpg

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Hot Threads

Clicky