Whisky ???????

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
And MD 20/20.........
hit.gif

I (barely) remember back when I was in high school somebody had the great idea of doing shots of 100 proof peppermint schnapps then chasing it with Boone's Farm Apple Wine.  It was a very cold winter's night in New England and a whole bunch of us high school kids went sledding/tobogganing down a big hill on a golf course.   Something about that combination really worked that night and we ended up doing Schnapps and Boone's Farm a bunch of times after that.  I bet it tastes like crap now, but God what a fun time that was.

Thanks for bringing back that memory.

First time I ever saw peppermint schcnapps i was in collage too.  Friends dad ran a liquer store and he gave us 4 fifths.  we didnt know what it was but it smelled like mouth wash to us.All semester we went to class smellin minty fresh and loved mouth wash ya could swallow.
biggrin.gif

Boons Farm made some pretty good stuff as I remember

Gary

Back when the drinking age was 18 in most states Boone's Farm was our "high school kid with a fake ID" go to wine. There were three flavors as I recall but I can only remember two: Apple Hill and  Strawberry Hill.  The third was a red grape flavor I believe.  We had a lot of fun with that stuff back then.

BTW, I believe Boone's Farm is no longer wine.  It is a flavored malt beverage.

Last edited:

Back when the drinking age was 18 in most states Boone's Farm was our "high school kid with a fake ID" go to wine. There were three flavors as I recall but I can only remember two: Apple Hill and  Strawberry Hill.  The third was a red grape flavor I believe.  We had a lot of fun with that stuff back then.

BTW, I believe Boone's Farm is no longer wine.  It is a flavored malt beverage.
There was tickled pink

In addition to being a great bra clasp lubricant, it was also very popular at the pond when we held the weekend trash can parties. It was byob, and what ever you brung was poured into the trash can to be mixed with various fruits, usually strawberries, peaches, and melons. Of course vodka and everclear were certainly popular ingredients, but Boones Farm Strawberry Hill 3 for $5 was always the main ingredient.

I always keep a few bottles of "Da good stuff" in the bottom row of the wine rack to scandilize my wine snob friends I had a bottle of MD but I drank it one night last week.
icon_lol.gif

MY MAN!!!!...LOL!   That picture, my friend, is a blast form the past that  brings back "episodes" from my college days!

Thanks for the memories!  John

Last edited:
Can you believe the stuff we used to consume in the name of fun?  Yet we all had a BALL!  Oh, to be young and ignorant again.

The sad thing is that this discussion has me thinking about using Boone's Farm as a smoking or cooking ingredient.  Not thinking too hard but that idea has started rattling around in my brain like a song you can't stop thinking about.   

Dang if I wasn't goin down that road myself! Just not sure where to take it yet...but I got an idea that something will pop up and I'll have to try it before the weeks done......probably have to be yard bird, maybe part of a marinade or injection....or early stages when spritzing? dont know yet...but if ya come up with something let me know.

We drank a lot of boones farm when I was in high school (class of 68) , but also one of our "go to" beverages was called Tango. It was supposed to be screwdriver in a bottle and I think it was actually Tang and the cheapest vodka ever distilled in North America . It tasted like rusty pond water with lighter fluid mixed in.....but it was cheap and got you where you were going. (Drunktown)

Last edited:

Dang if I wasn't goin down that road myself! Just not sure where to take it yet...but I got an idea that something will pop up and I'll have to try it before the weeks done......probably have to be yard bird, maybe part of a marinade or injection....or early stages when spritzing? dont know yet...but if ya come up with something let me know.
Just looked at my personal cookbook software and decided to make Boone's Farm Apple Hill Smoked Pork Tenderloin.  Replace the apple cider in the recipe below with Boone's Farm.  Gonna give it a try.

Marinade Ingredients
2 cups Apple Cider (Replace with Boone's Farm Apple Hill)
1 cup water
1/4 cup vegetable oil
1/2 cup apple cider vinegar
1/4 cup honey
1/4 cup brown sugar, packed
4 tsp dried rosemary
1 1/2 tsp dried thyme
1 1/2 tsp dried marjoram
1/2 cup craisens
2 Tbs kosher or sea salt
1 tsp black pepper
5 green onion and tops, chopped
Main Dish Ingredients
3 or 4 lb pork tenderloin, can be more than one piece of meat
2 Tbs Cornstarch

Directions

1. Put all marinade ingredients in a saucepan and heat over medium-low to medium heat, stirring until dissolved and well blended.  Allow to cool completely in refrigerator or with fan blowing directly over the top of the uncovered saucepan in a cold garage.

2. Put the tenderloins on a plate or in a casserole to catch the liquid then thoroughly inject the meat to the core about every inch.

3. Place the injected tenderloins in a Ziplock bag, add the marinade, remove all the air and seal tightly.

4. Marinate overnight, up to 48 hours, in the refrigerator.

5. When the marinating period is done, fire up the smoker to 325°F.

6. Put a rack in the bottom of a 9x13 disposable aluminum roaster, add the tenderloins, then pour the marinade over the meat.

7. Smoke for 60 to 80 minutes, or until the internal temperature of the meat is between 145°F (60 minutes) and 160°F (80 minutes), depending how done you like pork.

8. Remove from the heat, plate the meat, cover to let it rest.

9. Pour the marinade and drippings in a sauce pan, mix cornstarch with water, add to the marinade and drippings, then bring to a boil for five to ten minutes, stirring until your gravy reaches the desired thickness.

10. Slice the meat 1/4-1/2" thick, spoon with gravy, and serve.

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Latest posts

Hot Threads

Clicky