Where to Buy Brisket (and other meats) in Charlotte area

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

jon4rd

Original poster
Feb 7, 2020
New member here living in the Charlotte area but over the state line in Clover. I will likely post this in the NC group as well but I am looking for a place to get a good brisket to smoke. I work in Charlotte so anywhere in Charlotte, Rock Hill, Fort Mill, York, Indian Land etc. Any help is appreciated! Thanks

Im in Ft Mill, there is Gourmet South, I havent been there but wamt to take venture there. They appear to have higher end meats. There is also the Peach Stand, has their own meat shop.

Sams or Costco is another choice and Ill probably get flamed for this, but Ive had decent brisket from Walmart.

Im in Ft Mill, there is Gourmet South, I havent been there but wamt to take venture there. They appear to have higher end meats. There is also the Peach Stand, has their own meat shop.

Sams or Costco is another choice and Ill probably get flamed for this, but Ive had decent brisket from Walmart.

Thanks I’ll check the peach farm out I’ve driven by there but never been in. Seems like the consensus is Costco has pretty good briskets

Yeah, I havent tried it either but seems the general thoughts. If yiu are driving down 160 to the Peach Stand you will pass Southern Gourmet also. May be a worthy stop just for chits and giggles. Its actually not far from ns

Hey neighbor, I'm in Rock Hill and I buy 99% of my briskets at the W-mart. The stores around here carry 2 kinds, select and choice. The easy way to tell the difference is the choice ones have blue printing on the cryovac and the selects are black printing. Mixed up in the same case and all the same price/lb.

Costco/Sams is better grade and right now cheaper than select or choice at Mart. But... My membership lapsed years ago as did my Sam's. I only really ever bought briskets there so it wasn't economically worth it as our Bilos have butt on sale all the time. I'm probably going to join one or the other again soon because this 4.50 crap at WM is getting on my nerves. I've seen them under $3 there once lately but they were back up Friday in Newport.

I don’t live in your area, but Sam’s & Costco, or Restaurant Depot have the best briskets, ie., USDA Prime. But I have found Choice at Walmart that turned out pretty darn good.
Al

I know this is an old post, but I get mine from Restaurant Depot Best prices I have found for Brisket. I live in Fort Mill.

You could also check out Frontier Meats in Waxhaw.

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Latest posts

Hot Threads

Clicky