Best place to buy brisket and pork butt in south Florida?

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

mfreundfl

Original poster
Oct 13, 2021
Best place to buy brisket and pork butt in south Florida? I do know about Walmart but was looking for a bit better quality. Also just other places to buy meat for the smoker. Any information is appreciated.

Reactions: JLeonard
I have made some screaming good deals on pork butts at Latino and Asian markets. Closer to Christmas the Latino markets will have sales on pork because it's tamale time, so keep an eye open for those.

Latino markets will also have carne asada beef that is sliced, which is perfect for jerky. And Asian markets will have shabu shabu (1/4" thick slices of pork butt) and beef ribeye sliced the same thickness.
YIkROJv.jpg

Of course both have fresh herbs and veggies along with the items particular to regional dishes.

I have made some screaming good deals on pork butts at Latino and Asian markets. Closer to Christmas the Latino markets will have sales on pork because it's tamale time, so keep an eye open for those.

Latino markets will also have carne asada beef that is sliced, which is perfect for jerky. And Asian markets will have shabu shabu (1/4" thick slices of pork butt) and beef ribeye sliced the same thickness.
View attachment 513516

Of course both have fresh herbs and veggies along with the items particular to regional dishes.
Thanks for the tips. I will try those cuts I have a Latin market nearby that I go to quite a bit and they do have good pork but I’m not sure they have pork butt. I’m looking for the best places to buy anything from 8 to 12 pounds.

Thanks for the tips. I will try those cuts I have a Latin market nearby that I go to quite a bit and they do have good pork but I’m not sure they have pork butt. I’m looking for the best places to buy anything from 8 to 12 pounds.
Ask. Chances are they have cases of of the larger cuts in the walk-in. Heck, even my Sam's Club has things like chuck roll (the 20# boneless shoulder roasts) or plate ribs that are never in the meat counter because they re-package them or sell to restaurants or Club members that ask.

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Latest posts

Hot Threads

Clicky