Whats on your smoker this weekend?

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

kandl

Smoking Fanatic
Original poster
Nice long 3 day weekend (for most anyway)  So what do you have planned to smoke?  We are experimenting with some Smoked Salami made from most likely ground beef.  Picked up a packet at Cabelas last weekend that you add to your own ground meat of choice.  Also going to do pork butt for some great sandwiches. While all thats going on I'm going to get started on my UDS build I hope. Can't wait!  
yahoo.gif

My menu has evolved into this: Moinks, ribs, chicken thighs, wings, pizza, steaks, corn, taters, and sliders in different cooks all weekend from Hotlanta Motor Speedway.

Last edited:
I read that thread about the wings they sound awesome!  I did some the other night that I injected with a mixture of Franks and melted butter smoked for a while then direct grilled and then tossed in the remaining mixture of Franks and butter.  I thought they turned out really good.  

I would really like to try the Armadillo Eggs this weekend too but we will see what happens.  Sounds like everyone is going to have a tasty weekend for sure!

Have beef and pork ribs in at the moment and plan on a brisket and 2 butts over the weekend along with a number of sides of coarse.

Happy Huntin' smokin....my dream one day is to be able to make a archery Elk hunt.
Thank you! Rock has the archery cow tag, I've got the fall turkey tag. Starting Sept 14 is muzzle loader mule deer buck for both of us and he has a bear tag. First part of Oct is rifle antelope (buck and doe), then Rifle Elk - we both have bull tags and I have a cow tag. I just love this time of year! 

Hope you get to fulfill you dream! It's a blast!

I went grazing thru the fridge and realized I was pretty much out of everything.  So I got the tomatos, onions, jalapenos and 5lbs of old cheddar cheese out for prep work.  When they were all ready, I went out to fire up the smoker and discovered that I only had 3 charcoal briquetts left in the bag.  Took a "little" work and a beer or two but I finally had  smoke.  The tomatos and onions smoked for 1 hour, the cheese for 2 1/2 hours (thats how Linda likes it) and the jalapenos for 10 hours. I used a mix of cherry (I love the sweetness), birtch, and willow.  The willow because it is so mellow (not to mention plentiful around here) and the birtch because I was out of wood and had to decide--get the saw and cut some more willow, or go out to the garage and grab a piece of 2 year old aged birtch.  Hard decision.   My whole house and fridge smell great.  Kept the temps way low--the cheese worked up a sweat, but thats all.

So it looks like I'm probably not on the list for OTBS--afraid my nature is more into overkill

These are for me--hot peppers, cumin, salt and pepper

jalapenos

Couple of Porterhouse Steaks today. Haven't had one in years.

Don't know about the rest of the weekend.

Bear

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Latest posts

Hot Threads

Clicky