Whats on your smoker this weekend?

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
Attempting my first two smokes this weekend.  Seasoned the smoker and put together rubs and sauces earlier in the week, worked on some mods and I'm taking my first shot this weekend.  Today, Im cooking two racks of baby back ribs.  On the holiday, I'm going to take a shot at pork shoulder.  Stocked up on charcoal and chips, the ribs are smoking right now, and everything seems to be going well!

Smoked some taters last night, girlfriend is making Tater Salad with them, she didn't have the egg done or I would have had them in there also.

Have cabbage and an onion in the cookshack right now, and going to get up and do 2 turkey breast tomorrow morning for Sunday dinner, we have to drive 45 minutes to get there but we will have good food hopefully.

7 pound Boston Butt here...... It is resting as I type. I have the butts down pat it seems. However, ribs have been giving me fits. My 2 2 1 method just does not seems to work. I have a feeling it is a temp issue. So..... I just ordered a Maverick 732 to use next time.

rebe2ynu.jpg

Here is the salami made from hamburger and a spice mix from cabelas. Its actually really good!

Sent from my Droid RAZR M using Tapatalk 4

The venison roast and half rack has been on the smoker since 12:30. The roast took a 24 hour soak in Dr Pepper and the ribs I tried a soak in apple juice for about an hour or so.

The other half of the ribs have been on the grill without smoke for the same amount of time.....mamma's acid reflux is acting up a bit and she didn't want to chance it with the smoke today.

Temps have been good on both at about 240. The smoker dropped to about 200 so I added some more charcoal.

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Latest posts

Hot Threads

Clicky