What the??

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

OldSmoke

Smoking Fanatic
Original poster
SMF Premier Member
★ Lifetime Premier ★
Sep 5, 2020
Oregon
This morning in NW Oregon area. In my nearly seventy years here, this has never happened in April. Just a few days ago it was 74, and I hosted the chili party on the patio. Crazy.

95868958-4CDA-4705-B4DA-E6FC9B6D5228.jpeg
A27488C5-5CB8-4E4A-80ED-3C28B0B01D3B.jpeg

Last edited:
14” coming our way tonight and all day tomorrow. Was 74* this last weekend. Spring time in the Rockies.

Global warming is what?
Don't remember that in Seattle when I lived there. Buddy already planted his spring garden.
Looking at possible heavy snow this week.

It's really interesting to see what happens in other regions isn't it? I'm in Denver and that type of weather change is commonplace here. We go from 70s to snow within 24 hours here a few time a year.
I think it was the beginning of this past winter he got something like 12" of snow over about 48 hours, then it was almost completely gone 2 days later! In November!

Reactions: DRKsmoking
That is the weather change we normally get around here also. We had snow last week, 20 deg "c" temp change in 24 hours is just a regular day in the spring for us.Still sucks to see even though it will not stay around long

David

All I can say it looks better there than here! But had warm weather here then snow and back again several times.

Man Al, that sucks!

Ryan

We just had a hail storm that destroyed the whole neighborhood.
That must have been serious hail. Our snow was just an odd curiosity. Is your house safe to live in?

That must have been serious hail. Our snow was just an odd curiosity. Is your house safe to live in?

It was something I never want to see again!
In 3 or 4 minutes all the damage was done. We were lucky the house was not compromised, but the roof & all the aluminum & siding is either dented or full of holes, also a broken window. However NO LEAKS :emoji_blush:
Al

This morning in NW Oregon area. In my nearly seventy years here, this has never happened in April.
News said 1936 was the last time that happened

We just had a hail storm that destroyed the whole neighborhood.
Ouch. Vehicle damage?
New Smyrna Beach got blasted a few weeks ago, too.
Happy to be north again where the hard water is at least fluffy

This morning in NW Oregon area. In my nearly seventy years here, this has never happened in April. Just a few days ago it was 74, and I hosted the chili party on the patio. Crazy.

View attachment 628890
View attachment 628889

Like they always say----It's Pretty though!
I remember when PA had to change the rules on Studded Snow Tires, because of 17 inches in April. We had to have our studs off by April First, so they changed that to April 15th. I know I missed work, because it was also illegal to drive on a snow emergency route without Snow tires on, and you couldn't get to my shop without using a snow Emergency route.

Bear

Bear

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Latest posts

Hot Threads

Clicky