• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.

What is your opinion

chef jimmyj

Epic Pitmaster
Staff member
OTBS Member
SMF Premier Member
★ Lifetime Premier ★
Group Lead
Joined May 12, 2011
On...Mostly because Im too lazy to mess with it but, it does not seem to make a difference, on or off, in the quality of the finished ribs...JJ

Brian Trommater

Master of the Pit
SMF Premier Member
Joined Aug 1, 2018
I usually leave on. Can put it on a hot grill afterwards and only takes a minute to burn it off. I just do St Louis ribs now a days. When my freezer empty of these may switch to spares, cut to St Louis and save cut off part to make taco's like someone posted recently.

SmokinAl

SMF Hall of Fame Pitmaster
Staff member
OTBS Member
★ Lifetime Premier ★
Joined Jun 22, 2009
I keep it on, then take it off when the ribs are done. It just pulls off real easy then. You will be surprised on how much juice is under the membrane. Here is what I’m talking about.
Al

zwiller

Master of the Pit
OTBS Member
Joined Nov 16, 2016
Things like this are all debatable. In the end, the difference will be small and other things make a much larger impact on your overall results. IE my ribs MUST be grilled after smoked. BIG flavor impact.

HalfSmoked

Epic Pitmaster
OTBS Member
SMF Premier Member
Group Lead
Joined Jun 11, 2015
I take if off don't like the feel in my mouth if left on.

Warren

chopsaw

Legendary Pitmaster
OTBS Member
SMF Premier Member
★ Lifetime Premier ★
Joined Dec 14, 2013
Well , now I don't know what to do . I think I'll peel half , and leave half .

Latest posts

Hot Threads

Top Bottom
  AdBlock Detected

We noticed that you're using an ad-blocker, which could block some critical website features. For the best possible site experience please take a moment to disable your AdBlocker.