• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.

What is your opinion

noboundaries

Legendary Pitmaster
OTBS Member
SMF Premier Member
Joined Sep 7, 2013
I used to take it off before smoking. No longer.

I saw a TV show a while back about a famous rib joint in the Memphis area. The owner smoked his spares with the membrane attached, then it easily peeled off when the ribs were ready. It was thin like tissue paper and came off in like two seconds. He believed it kept the ribs juicier.

Juicier or not, it is SOOOOO easy to peel off at the end of the smoke. I haven't peeled one since, pre-smoke.

Last edited:

HalfSmoked

Epic Pitmaster
OTBS Member
SMF Premier Member
Group Lead
Joined Jun 11, 2015
I used to take it off before smoking. No longer.

I saw a TV show a while back about a famous rib joint in the Memphis. The owner smoked his spares with the membrane attached, then it easily peeled off when the ribs were ready. It was thin like tissue paper and came off in like two seconds. He believed it kept the ribs juicier.

Juicier or not, it is SOOOOO easy to peel off at the end of the smoke. I haven't peeled one since, pre-smoke.
Going to take your word and give it a try.

Warren

HalfSmoked

Epic Pitmaster
OTBS Member
SMF Premier Member
Group Lead
Joined Jun 11, 2015
Thanks for the like WeberBlackStoneYoder it is appreciated.

Warren

Simple man

Joined Dec 17, 2020
I have to agree with noboundaries, been smoking ribs for at least 15 plus years on a multiple of different smokers with and without the membrane, I prefer with the membrane on, tend to be a whole heck of lot juicer.

Hot Threads

Top Bottom
  AdBlock Detected

We noticed that you're using an ad-blocker, which could block some critical website features. For the best possible site experience please take a moment to disable your AdBlocker.