• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.

What IS Your Favorite Wine

HalfSmoked

Epic Pitmaster
OTBS Member
SMF Premier Member
Group Lead
Joined Jun 11, 2015
I seen a lot of other post on what's your favorite but don't think I have ever seen wine. If so it must be an old post with me if its in a bottle, quart jar or jug oops sorry get carried away that's moonshine, lets stay with a bottle. :emoji_wink: :emoji_laughing:
I like just about any kind of wine I mean you older guys will remember this I grew up in the Boone's Farm era. Hahaha

Warren

smokerjim

Master of the Pit
OTBS Member
SMF Premier Member
Joined Jan 14, 2014
in my drinking days md 20/20 and wild irish rose, neither are not even close to top shelf but they did the trick cheap! thanks warren ya brought back some bad memories! some good to. :emoji_laughing:

pushok2018

Master of the Pit
SMF Premier Member
Joined Oct 12, 2017
About two years ago my boss gave me a bottle of "Cooper & Thief" red wine blend as a gift. I fell in love with that wine right away and since then bough 8 cases of this wine online (free shipping). This wine aged 3 month in bourbon whiskey barrels...

IMG_2909.jpg

HalfSmoked

Epic Pitmaster
OTBS Member
SMF Premier Member
Group Lead
Joined Jun 11, 2015
Warren
in my drinking days md 20/20 and wild irish rose, neither are not even close to top shelf but they did the trick cheap! thanks warren ya brought back some bad memories! some good to. :emoji_laughing:
Oh I think we all have some of those.

Warren

HalfSmoked

Epic Pitmaster
OTBS Member
SMF Premier Member
Group Lead
Joined Jun 11, 2015
Thanks for the like John it is appreciated.

Warren

HalfSmoked

Epic Pitmaster
OTBS Member
SMF Premier Member
Group Lead
Joined Jun 11, 2015
About two years ago my boss gave me a bottle of "Cooper & Thief" red wine blend as a gift. I fell in love with that wine right away and since then bough 8 cases of this wine online (free shipping). This wine aged 3 month in bourbon whiskey barrels...

View attachment 474204
Nice
Where's it made.

Warren

HalfSmoked

Epic Pitmaster
OTBS Member
SMF Premier Member
Group Lead
Joined Jun 11, 2015
Thanks for the like smokerjim it is appreciated.

Warren

HalfSmoked

Epic Pitmaster
OTBS Member
SMF Premier Member
Group Lead
Joined Jun 11, 2015
Thanks for the like JLeonard it is appreciated.

Warren

HalfSmoked

Epic Pitmaster
OTBS Member
SMF Premier Member
Group Lead
Joined Jun 11, 2015
Thanks for the like kruizer it is appreciated.

Warren

Last edited:

noboundaries

Legendary Pitmaster
OTBS Member
SMF Premier Member
Joined Sep 7, 2013
Three words...free...red...wine.

One of my daughters married into an Italian family. Her father-in-law, a guy who knows his way around his homemade WSM, makes red wine. Presses his own grapes and everything. Buys his grapes from Santa Barbara to the south to Sonoma in the north. It's REALLY good red wine and often wins one of the top awards at the county fair. His competition is all his friends.

Old Vine Zins, Merlots, Malbecs, Cabs (several kinds), Pinots, Sirahs, he makes them all, but not in the same year. My wife likes Old Vine Zins so that what we have the most of. I just opened a bottle of 2012 Sirah. So good.

Last edited:

chopsaw

Legendary Pitmaster
OTBS Member
SMF Premier Member
★ Lifetime Premier ★
Joined Dec 14, 2013
Anne Green springs .

Brokenhandle

Master of the Pit
★ Lifetime Premier ★
Joined Nov 9, 2019
Like any wine, red or white, as long as it's sweet...wife and I definitely don't care for dry wines. Have a friend that makes wine and we often help him bottle and of course quality control as well! Of course we don't drink his wine like store bought...his is about 18 % alcohol. He does make mead, but also apple, strawberry, rhubarb, white grape, gooseberry, mulberry, blueberry, cranberry to name a few.

20200806_163739.jpg

Getting kinda low lol! Excuse the mess, basement is under construction.

Ryan

Latest posts

Hot Threads

Top Bottom
  AdBlock Detected

We noticed that you're using an ad-blocker, which could block some critical website features. For the best possible site experience please take a moment to disable your AdBlocker.