What is a premier membership?

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

canned smoke

Fire Starter
Original poster
SMF Premier Member
Oct 1, 2005
Kansas
I have already used the search and read the threads that came up but nothing telling me what a premier member is. I found a link that has payments for 1, 2, and 3 years, and lifetime but it gives no explanation as to what it is to be a premier member. Is this simply a donation thing for the site or do you get some forum setting goodies to pimp out your profile? Maybe this can be added to the payment page so new members know. Heck I have been a member here for nearly 6 years and still don't have a clue.

Yes there are advantages to being a premier member. You can turn off the ads, you have additional options with your profile. There are others also that I'm sure someone will come along with soon. The main reason to become a premier member is to support this site.

Craig, I used the search and got nothing near the number of results. When I typed in premier membership in the search box I got a return of less then 10 results. I still think it would be helpful to have the "benefits" listed on the payment page.

SmokinAl, thanks. Most sites I belong to or pass through simply have a donation banner which I have donated to a few but when I see where you can purchase a yearly Premier membership then it usually means something comes along with it such as special forums settings and sometimes magazine subscriptions, discounts in the web store, etc. so I was just curious. Thanks for the reply.

Jack

Premier members get the following:
  • Ability to turn off ads
  • Ability to place off-site links in the signature area
  • A badge under your username that shows everyone you are a supporter of the site.
We have plans for other perks as well in the future.

I used to have a page for this and have not gotten around to rebuilding it on the new platform.. if you have further questions just ask.

Craig, I used the search and got nothing near the number of results. When I typed in premier membership in the search box I got a return of less then 10 results. I still think it would be helpful to have the "benefits" listed on the payment page.

SmokinAl, thanks. Most sites I belong to or pass through simply have a donation banner which I have donated to a few but when I see where you can purchase a yearly Premier membership then it usually means something comes along with it such as special forums settings and sometimes magazine subscriptions, discounts in the web store, etc. so I was just curious. Thanks for the reply.

Jack
Yeah..I know,  I started with premier membership but got all of the returns on just "premier".

I agree it should be easier to find and list everything available.

Have a great day!!

Craig

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Latest posts

Hot Threads

Clicky