• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.

what inpacts the way YOU smoke meat ?

cal1956

Smoking Fanatic
Joined Apr 14, 2015
is/was it a BBQ show you saw on TV ?
is it the accolades of frriends ?
maybe its members on this forum.?
maybe it was how you were taught to BBQ ?
maybe you just want/like to be known as a BBQ guy
maybe its nothing more than just loving the flavor of BBQ
something has influnced us all , what was/is it with you

noboundaries

Legendary Pitmaster
OTBS Member
SMF Premier Member
Joined Sep 7, 2013
I grew up in California where grilling was considered BBQ. When my ol' man was transferred to the South in my teens, I tasted true smoked BBQ for the first time. There was no comparison. Grilled meat tasted just a tad better than the oven. Wood smoked won by a light year (6 trillion miles if you don't want to do the math).

Then I moved to Texas where I tasted a complete new smoke flavor with everything served on butcher paper and sides in Styrofoam cups. I was hooked.

A transfer brought me back to Cali. I chased that Texas flavor for decades, and finally found it with charcoal and mesquite wood in my Kettle, and later a WSM. It still makes me and my Texas-born wife smile with every bite.

bigfurmn

Master of the Pit
Joined Feb 25, 2016
what inpacts the way YOU smoke meat?
THIS WEBSITE!!! So many ideas here.

schlotz

Master of the Pit
SMF Premier Member
Joined Jan 13, 2015
It's the desire to add/build flavors while still being able to taste the meat.

DougE

Master of the Pit
SMF Premier Member
Joined Apr 13, 2010
I'm out of work and they shut my utilities off . I'm burning my furniture and roasting the mice running through my house .
I hope you let it burn a little while before the cook to at least burn off the varnish.

chopsaw

Epic Pitmaster
OTBS Member
★ Lifetime Premier ★
Joined Dec 14, 2013
1652311642855.jpeg

clifish

Master of the Pit
★ Lifetime Premier ★
Joined May 25, 2019
I always like smoked food even though here it was not huge a number of years ago. Not sure while I started looking, but found a MB propane on FB for $50. Used for a couple weeks but was tough to control temps with many chip flare ups. Found a once used electric for $30 then found this site and used it for a couple years....now because of you enablers I have a kettle, 2 griddles and a wood fired pizza oven...lol

cal1956

Smoking Fanatic
Joined Apr 14, 2015
i like bratts, but i preferre polish, but still a very good looking sausage dog

Hot Threads

Top Bottom
  AdBlock Detected

We noticed that you're using an ad-blocker, which could block some critical website features. For the best possible site experience please take a moment to disable your AdBlocker.