what inpacts the way YOU smoke meat ?

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

cal1956

Master of the Pit
Original poster
Apr 14, 2015
Colorado
is/was it a BBQ show you saw on TV ?
is it the accolades of frriends ?
maybe its members on this forum.?
maybe it was how you were taught to BBQ ?
maybe you just want/like to be known as a BBQ guy
maybe its nothing more than just loving the flavor of BBQ
something has influnced us all , what was/is it with you

Reactions: JLeonard
I grew up in California where grilling was considered BBQ. When my ol' man was transferred to the South in my teens, I tasted true smoked BBQ for the first time. There was no comparison. Grilled meat tasted just a tad better than the oven. Wood smoked won by a light year (6 trillion miles if you don't want to do the math).

Then I moved to Texas where I tasted a complete new smoke flavor with everything served on butcher paper and sides in Styrofoam cups. I was hooked.

A transfer brought me back to Cali. I chased that Texas flavor for decades, and finally found it with charcoal and mesquite wood in my Kettle, and later a WSM. It still makes me and my Texas-born wife smile with every bite.

Reactions: Sven Svensson
I'm out of work and they shut my utilities off . I'm burning my furniture and roasting the mice running through my house .
I hope you let it burn a little while before the cook to at least burn off the varnish.

1652311642855.jpeg

I always like smoked food even though here it was not huge a number of years ago. Not sure while I started looking, but found a MB propane on FB for $50. Used for a couple weeks but was tough to control temps with many chip flare ups. Found a once used electric for $30 then found this site and used it for a couple years....now because of you enablers I have a kettle, 2 griddles and a wood fired pizza oven...lol

Reactions: bauchjw
i like bratts, but i preferre polish, but still a very good looking sausage dog

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Latest posts

Hot Threads

Clicky