What are you reading ?

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
I’m going back through my collection of Patrick McMannis. So dang funny. Also revisiting Don Quixote. Super funny.
I've got a decent collection of Patrick McMannis books. About time for me to re-read them as well. I love his stuff!

After years of wanting to read it, I finally got through Atlas Shrugged. It took quite a number of renewals of the library's e-Book to get through all 1200 pages.

I figure the US currently is about where the fictional depiction in the novel was halfway through the book. That's not a good thing.

Reactions: SmokinEdge
I've got a decent collection of Patrick McMannis books. About time for me to re-read them as well. I love his stuff!

After years of wanting to read it, I finally got through Atlas Shrugged. It took quite a number of renewals of the library's e-Book to get through all 1200 pages.

I figure the US currently is about where the fictional depiction in the novel was halfway through the book. That's not a good thing.
Agree. Some of these books need to be in your possession in print form. No kidding.

Today, I do the bulk of my reading in E form as in off the web. Nothing in particular, just what catches my attention. This is reputable technical information, not the Gen Z hysterical or the left and right outfield BS.
I did happen to check out this hard copy book from the local library the other day
kutas.png
I highly recommend this book to all the sausage and curing fans.
My only warnings is that recipes that call for bacon are meaning raw pork belly and watch the conversions from the 25# recipes to lower amounts.
The other I noticed was the corned beef hash recipe. It referred to corned (salted, but not cured beef) when making the end product.
Also remember this book was published in 1984. Things have changed to current 2024, but not as many as compared to the changes from the 60's to 1984 when Rytek was in the sausage business and wrote the second (revised) edition

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Latest posts

Hot Threads

Clicky