1. Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.

What Cookin this Weekend?

Discussion in 'Blowing Smoke Around the Smoker.' started by sandyut, Jul 12, 2019.

1. sandyut

sandyut Smoking Fanatic SMF Premier Member

I have my brother in law staying with us for the next few days.
    pretty stoked.

Whats on your grill/smoker this hot summer weekend?

JC in GB and Steve H like this.
  2. gmc2003

gmc2003 Smoking Guru OTBS Member

Uncertain at this time, but I have a few things in mind.

Chris

3. I got the inlaws + coming and I have a 5 bone in rib roast and mac n cheese to go on the smoker. Making my signature mustard based tater salad and the neighbor is bringing their signature cowboy beans. Also going to cook chicken kabobs on the webber and bubba burgers for the kids.

Oh and a thousand beers!

Just hoping the weather holds. I'm not too far away from the storm in new orleans

JC in GB, SmokinVOLfan and sandyut like this.
  4. SmokinVOLfan

SmokinVOLfan Master of the Pit

At least your priorities are in order...you don't want to get dehydrated while smoking! Point!

banderson7474 likes this.
  5. SmokinVOLfan

SmokinVOLfan Master of the Pit

Sunday is the wife's birthday. Trying to decide between a brisket or possibly some beef ribs and a chuckie. Watch...Ill post my cook on Monday and it will be something completely different lol

6. 5GRILLZNTN

5GRILLZNTN Smoking Fanatic SMF Premier Member

Nastyville Hot Chicken and Waffles!

JJS, JC in GB and chopsaw like this.
  7. sandyut

HA! made beef ribs for my wife last week. she still says brisket is her fav, but based on the consumption seen -- the ribs won.

SmokinVOLfan likes this.
  8. zwiller

zwiller Master of the Pit OTBS Member

Brisket point thawed and torn between just smoking it or making Montreal Smoked Meat with it. Also thought about just grinding it for burgers. I am probably a weirdo but burnt ends do not look good to me at all.

9. gmc2003

My vote is weirdo :emoji_astonished::emoji_disappointed::emoji_blush:

Chris

zwiller likes this.
  10. sandyut

I have never made the burnt ends... Hmm....

11. krj

krj Meat Mopper

I have 49lbs of butt that I have to cook up for a custom order tomorrow. I'm not using the GF because there's no reason for such a small order, so the WSM is getting fired up for the 3rd time in 2.5 weeks. I might toss a few chicken thighs and some abts on for lunch if I have the space. I'm hoping so, because if I don't put anything on I know for a fact I won't eat all day.

I need to start working on comp style chicken and ribs for a local backyard KCBS comp that happens in Sept. But I also need to work on the food truck I'm building. Too many things going on, and not enough time.

JC in GB likes this.
  12. zwiller

zwiller Master of the Pit OTBS Member

Burnt ends to me is like putting ketchup on steak. I am definitely moving away from KC sweet sauce style cue and gravitating toward TX style.

JJS, ofelles and gmc2003 like this.
  13. gmc2003

If I make steak and eggs for breakfast then I'll dip the steak in ketchup.

Chris

zwiller likes this.
  14. krj

krj Meat Mopper

Hey, current NFL MVP puts ketchup on his steak. Now I'm not saying we should follow his path, but he could be an example of ketchup being a super food lol.

15. pushok2018

pushok2018 Meat Mopper SMF Premier Member

If nothing divert me from my plan.... it will be my first attempt for
    Kielbas Sznkowa / Ham Kilelbasa.

JC in GB likes this.
  16. chopsaw

chopsaw Master of the Pit OTBS Member SMF Premier Member ★ Lifetime Premier ★

Weirdo short 2 briskets .

zwiller likes this.
  17. JC in GB

JC in GB Smoking Fanatic

Making 6 racks of St Louis style ribs, rib tips (if I have enough room in the baby) and chicken

18. sandyut

lots of goodness gettin made this weekend! Love it.

19. sandyut

oh yeah I am also making some Elotes! that pic just makes me have to try them

SmokinVOLfan likes this.
  20. Braz

Braz Smoking Fanatic SMF Premier Member

The only thing I know I'm doing is beef tenderloin kebabs.