Been AWOL for a bit, but I'm baaaaack...

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

SherryT

Smoking Fanatic
Original poster
Dec 23, 2017
Crawford AL
...and because of BrianGSDTexoma's post about the CharGriller, I went to YT for more info, saw the tabletop version, which led me off into the YT weeds, which ultimately led me to (you know what's coming!) Amazon, where I ordered this... Oklahoma Joe's Rambler Grill ...it'll be here Friday.

Sigh...

I have a Smokey Joe and it's fine for grilling just for me, but it's not quite big enough if I want to grill for my Mom and brother. PLUS, from what I've read online, you can smoke on the OJR as well. The MB gasser I have is ENTIRELY too big for my needs (why I got a smoker THAT big remains a mystery!).

So, I'll have my SJ when it's just me, Big Chief mod for sausages/bacon, and OJR for grilling for 3 and for smoking a shoulder.

Will post more about it this weekend after I get it sealed up, seasoned, and a first cook done.

Later guys!

Welcome back Sherry, see you didn’t even need us to enable this new purchase. You have been thoroughly corrupted. Lol. Hope to see the cooks on the new smoker soon.

Welcome back Sherry! And here I thought you just got lost in your shop organizing!

Ryan

• Haha
Reactions: SherryT
Welcome back Sherry! And here I thought you just got lost in your shop organizing!

Ryan
I did for a while, but it's done for the most part (is a shop ever REALLY done?).

The last 2.5 months were due to my Mom having what they thought was a mild heart attack the first of June (she didn't...was diagnosed in-hospital with myocarditis). She got home from that and then fell and broke her left hip a week later and had replacement surgery, so getting her back on her feet has been priority#1.

She's a LOT better now and as my brother lives in the house with her, I have some breathing room again.

Great to see you back, Sherry, and glad your mom is on the mend.
I can't wait to see a cook on that neat little grill.

Well, the OJR came in a day early, so I got the gasket installed (front/sides only...wouldn't close right with it across the back), got it put together, and it's seasoning right now (had to wait on the dang gasket to cure!).

20230811_215915_resized_1[3736].jpg

To be continued...

...and because of BrianGSDTexoma's post about the CharGriller, I went to YT for more info, saw the tabletop version, which led me off into the YT weeds, which ultimately led me to (you know what's coming!) Amazon, where I ordered this... Oklahoma Joe's Rambler Grill ...it'll be here Friday.
Welcome back!
I have that grill too. I love it. It's built like a tank and hefty. I bought mine at BJ's when it went on sale.

Welcome back!
I have that grill too. I love it. It's built like a tank and hefty. I bought mine at BJ's when it went on sale.

Cool! Have you tried smoking on it?

I got it primarily as a grill...as much as I love my Smokey Joe, I needed a bit more cooking space for when I grill for 3 instead of just me, but, as I said earlier, it makes a good small smoker according to the reviews on Amazon.

Not a lot of vids about it on YT, though...primarily just 2 guys, so there's not a lot of hands-on info about it that I can find.

Cool! Have you tried smoking on it?

I got it primarily as a grill...as much as I love my Smokey Joe, I needed a bit more cooking space for when I grill for 3 instead of just me, but, as I said earlier, it makes a good small smoker according to the reviews on Amazon.

Not a lot of vids about it on YT, though...primarily just 2 guys, so there's not a lot of hands-on info about it that I can find.
I've used it for cold smoking and grilling. Works great! Haven't done real smoking with it yet. Works very well with charcoal and wood chunks for smoke.

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Latest posts

Hot Threads

Clicky