What Cookin this Weekend?

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
Uncertain at this time, but I have a few things in mind.

Chris

I got the inlaws + coming and I have a 5 bone in rib roast and mac n cheese to go on the smoker. Making my signature mustard based tater salad and the neighbor is bringing their signature cowboy beans. Also going to cook chicken kabobs on the webber and bubba burgers for the kids.

Oh and a thousand beers!

Just hoping the weather holds. I'm not too far away from the storm in new orleans

Sunday is the wife's birthday. Trying to decide between a brisket or possibly some beef ribs and a chuckie. Watch...Ill post my cook on Monday and it will be something completely different lol

Sunday is the wife's birthday. Trying to decide between a brisket or possibly some beef ribs and a chuckie. Watch...Ill post my cook on Monday and it will be something completely different lol
HA! made beef ribs for my wife last week. she still says brisket is her fav, but based on the consumption seen -- the ribs won.

Reactions: SmokinVOLfan
Brisket point thawed and torn between just smoking it or making Montreal Smoked Meat with it. Also thought about just grinding it for burgers. I am probably a weirdo but burnt ends do not look good to me at all.

I have never made the burnt ends... Hmm....

I have 49lbs of butt that I have to cook up for a custom order tomorrow. I'm not using the GF because there's no reason for such a small order, so the WSM is getting fired up for the 3rd time in 2.5 weeks. I might toss a few chicken thighs and some abts on for lunch if I have the space. I'm hoping so, because if I don't put anything on I know for a fact I won't eat all day.

I need to start working on comp style chicken and ribs for a local backyard KCBS comp that happens in Sept. But I also need to work on the food truck I'm building. Too many things going on, and not enough time.

Reactions: JC in GB
Burnt ends to me is like putting ketchup on steak. I am definitely moving away from KC sweet sauce style cue and gravitating toward TX style.

If I make steak and eggs for breakfast then I'll dip the steak in ketchup.

Chris

Reactions: zwiller
Burnt ends to me is like putting ketchup on steak. I am definitely moving away from KC sweet sauce style cue and gravitating toward TX style.

Hey, current NFL MVP puts ketchup on his steak. Now I'm not saying we should follow his path, but he could be an example of ketchup being a super food lol.

Making 6 racks of St Louis style ribs, rib tips (if I have enough room in the baby) and chicken

lots of goodness gettin made this weekend! Love it.

oh yeah I am also making some Elotes! that pic just makes me have to try them

Reactions: SmokinVOLfan
The only thing I know I'm doing is beef tenderloin kebabs.

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Latest posts

Hot Threads

Clicky