Whale watching.

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
Great pics!
Looks like a good time!
Al
Thanks Al! We had a blast!

Great pictures! Look like a great experience
Thanks!

Great Pics. It's amazing seeing creatures that big in person.
It is a great thing to see. Thanks!

Beautiful photos of beautiful creatures. Thank you for sharing them! 🍻
John
Thanks John!

What a great experience. Thanks Steve. . .
Thank you!

Great pics, Steve! Love the clarity and that water is beautiful.
Thanks Mike!

You got some really nice pictures, Steve.
Gary
Thanks Gary!

very nice steve,
Thank you Jim!

Awesome! It is really cool to do. Got to do it once years ago in San Diego. Not sure where my pics are. I think an ex may have them.
Thanks!

water looks amazing. nice pics,
That was the first thing that caught my eye, that water is clear.

Super nice photos Steve H Steve H I see them almost every time I go fishing and I never get tired of seeing them.
They are amazing creatures, that's for damn sure.
Steve, by chance do you know what the water temps are there this time of yr out of curiosity?
The water out here in the Pacific Ocean are normally in the mid to high 50's but much greener water until the water temps reach the high 50's like 58-62* then our water blues up pretty to that deep aqua blue color which is my favorite time to be in the ocean for all sorts of reasons but mainly tuna fishing.

By chance do you know if they see any Dolphins or Orcas out that way? I love seeing the Dolphins and Killer whales the most there is just something about them that is really cool.

The Humpbacks kinda freak me out, they get way too close at times and normally being in smallish boats 20-30'ers they can wreck your day in a hurry. They have killed more than a few people out here when they breach. It's not super common, but it happens enough to stick in your mind when they get close too you. :emoji_joy: :emoji_joy: :emoji_joy:

Reactions: Steve H
That was the first thing that caught my eye, that water is clear.

Super nice photos Steve H Steve H I see them almost every time I go fishing and I never get tired of seeing them.
They are amazing creatures, that's for damn sure.
Steve, by chance do you know what the water temps are there this time of yr out of curiosity?
The water out here in the Pacific Ocean are normally in the mid to high 50's but much greener water until the water temps reach the high 50's like 58-62* then our water blues up pretty to that deep aqua blue color which is my favorite time to be in the ocean for all sorts of reasons but mainly tuna fishing.

By chance do you know if they see any Dolphins or Orcas out that way? I love seeing the Dolphins and Killer whales the most there is just something about them that is really cool.

The Humpbacks kinda freak me out, they get way too close at times and normally being in smallish boats 20-30'ers they can wreck your day in a hurry. They have killed more than a few people out here when they breach. It's not super common, but it happens enough to stick in your mind when they get close too you. :emoji_joy: :emoji_joy: :emoji_joy:

The water temp was 60 degrees. We have Atlantic dolphins and Orcas in that area. We were told that orcas and a Fin whale were in the area a few days ago. The Orcas were in a pod of roughly 7 animals. Though I didn't see any. Further down the coast I see dolphins all the time. I was on a 130' jet boat for this cruise. But when that cow came up along side the boat It still felt small! I was told that this whale (her name is Salt) is a touch over 40' and this was her 7th calf. They also spotted a great white a couple weeks ago. That was about 12' long and tagged. But they didn't get a chance to ID it.

• Wow
Reactions: forktender
Sweet, I went halibut fishing in the San Francisco bay last Friday, and we just missed seeing a big Great White inside the bay right near Alcatraz Island. They come into the bay hunting seals every now and then but in all my years I have never seen one in the bay. I have seen them while Albacore tuna fishing near the Farallon Islands, they are awesome creatures. They really make you think twice about surfing and diving.:emoji_anguished:

Reactions: PPG1
SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Latest posts

Hot Threads

Clicky