Weston 12" Meat Slicer $99

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
Tip your slicer back, the sharpener is under it, it screws into the btm for storage, AI sharpened mine as soon as I got it and used a hone stone to smooth it out

Received my 10 " this morning...Christina just sent me an e-mail yesterday with the tracking number...basically overnight shipping!
wink.gif
Very nice unit with a lot of features..IMO it is much nicer than the Cabelas that my friend owns..He wishes he got this one!
icon_lol.gif
The price was sure right!!! The shipping box was enormous!

Podevil

i also recieved my 10" slicer this am. was not expecting it til friday or next week. very fast shipping. it is huge and a heavy machine for the dollar. i noticed on mine that the adj knob for thickness seemed to have a little extra play in it. looked on the bottom of machine and there is a small screw with a nut on it that the end goes into a guide in the plastic knob. the nut is loose and when you move the adj knob back and forth the screw has alot of play in it like maybe hole too big or threads messed up. if you people that have purchased one could ck theres i would be interested to know if theres are the same way. i left a vm message with there cust service. other than that if i can get that resolved it looks like it will be great. maybe in that slot on backside of knob where screw rides a little foodgrade lube and also on the slide table slideshaft. thks

My 10" Weston came in late last week and I finally got to try it out last night on some brisket and a side of belly bacon. I was able to get very thin slices with both but noticed that it wants to leave a "skirt of meat at the bottom of whatever I'm slicing. To avoid this I had to keep flipping the meat over on the tray every third slice or so. Does this happen with anyone else's?

Also there was a fair sized "heal" left over that it just wouldn't slice unless I wanted to temp fate with my fingers pressing the last inch of meat against the fence. This meant a lot of left over un-sliceable bacon. One thing I didn't do was to sharpen the blade right out of the box, but it sure seemed sharp to me. Should I have done that?

I did remove the blade for cleaning afterwords and found the trough at the bottom of the blade guard is difficult to clean out, but not imposable. All told it seems like a pretty good unit.

Jimbo

I know the heal you're speaking of. Look underneath the sliding tray and you'll find 2 adjustable hand knobs. You can slide the tray forward or backward. When you go close, just make sure you try a slide first with the power off as there in a bolt head near the front that will be the first to catch the blade depending on the angle.

Yep I know the heel that you are talkin'bout too. I get the same thing on my nearly antique Fleetwood. I put more of what I am slicing behind the heel or like half of a potato for a filler and keep slicing. But more often if the subject being sliced is already cooked it becomes an instant treat for the chef! (You have to keep sampling the food to make sure it is just right)

Jim........know what you are talking bout with that piece of meat at the bottom of the main portion............mabye figure out a way to raise the portion of meat..........so the blade has better access to the whole piece.......it gets frustrating i know

d88de

Thats a good idea WD! I'll try and figure a way to do that. I did adjust the tray as close as possible, it is possible to hit the blade with it if it is too close! And the potato behind the "heel" is a good idea too! Thanks guys I'll try all those things, I still have three slabs of bacon to slice.

Oh and WD, sorry I spaced out sending your cures, I'll TRY to remember to package those tonight.

Jimbo

well, i got on the site but i could not find the 12" for $99. i think it was a clearance item that is gone. the one you linked is a 7in.

amazon has the 9in weston slicer for $89....plus 20 for shipping

i just looked at that slicer that you showed i dont belive that these two units are comparable at all. i have never used on of those small slicers. i did recently buy a weston 12 inch and it works better than i figured it would and i am pretty demanding of my equipment. when i was looking into buying a slicer the major complaints for the little slicers was 1 not long enough stroke to accept larger pieces of meat and not enough power to do raw meat. got the weston and this thing is a workhorse.. i would not pay the $500.00 for this as that is what they were selling for but a heck of a deal at $99.00. i was going to buy a commercial slicer,hobart,globe,or berkel. you can find these in trader papers or at auctions for $100 at times and you would be alot happier in the end. just my $.02 worth

just checked my email and there was a msg from ryan at weston, i had emailed him about the poblem with the loose stud for the cam on adjuster knob for thickness and he said part is on its way. nice person to deal with and there customer support even for a close out item pretty good!!!

Well bringing up this old post to try to get some info.... My 12'' has the drive belt going bad! Anybody else replace their belt yet and if so where did you you get it and how much did it cost!

Thanks Pops! But that is for a 10 incher I have the 12 inch one, they don't show a 12 incher on that page. Been trying to call Weston all morning but just get a busy signal! There are some other places that have a TB2-330 ribbed belt, but I need to know for sure how many ribs it is since the same number can come with different numbers of ribs!

Mark

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Hot Threads

Clicky