Weston 12" Meat Slicer $99

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
the cheese blade is designed to specifically slice soft cheese like mozz or jack etc........ those cheeses really bog down a regular blade.....if you have a sereated blade it's fine, but these slicers dont have that (you can't sharpen the sereated anyway...)..... the 10" is a good buy also at 79 bucks and I'm tempted but then that puts me at way too many slicers, and just for the cheese blade....well......

here is the cheese blade for the 10" http://www.westonsupply.com/Product.aspx?ITEM=04-0612-C

ok I thought it might be a sereated blade but wasn't 110% sure.

Thanks for the info on the cheese blade. I bought the 10" last week but looking at the cheese blade, it's $30 more than the entire slicer, LOL.

At $110 for a cheese blade, the deli is a much better deal for me when it comes to soft cheeses. I like the hard cheeses more so I think we're good.

So, if you got the 12" and you thought this was a problem, I would say don't worry about it.
PDT_Armataz_01_29.gif

Well I had problem with the site too, they called me back yesterday and were very helpful over the phone. I ordered the 12" and they said it would be here in a few days. $42 in shipping though! still less than $159 for a $529 slicer sounds good to me! I'm holding off on slicing my bacon until it arrives.
Jimbo

I ordered the 12" slicer yesterday. I should receive it on Monday or Tuesday. If you are going to order one I would suggest you do it over the phone. It seems to be much easier that way, plus more accurate. Shipping cost was approximately $37.00 to central Iowa.
This is a very good deal, especially when I think about the $50 Regal plastic meat slicer I bought a few years ago?

I called Weston Supply today and ordered the 12" slicer today. I had a hard time trying to get their website to cooperate, so the phone was much easier. They said it would be here in a few days. Shipping was 39 bucks to North Dakota. I am curious as to those who have purchased one, what thoughts they have on them?? Still a great deal, no matter what. Thanks Djohn!

I sliced some beef yesterday. Commercial duty...no. heavy home use? I'll go with that. First thing I had to do was sharpen the blade. And I'm considering opening 'er up to increase blade RPM a bit. BUT good deal so far! No catch tray is a minus too. Minor tho.

sounds like a great slicer with good wattage-I have a good Rival that dose me fine so I won't be getting 1 of these-kinda hate to pass it up but I find good deals like these on kitchen stuff all the time,from the reviews I have checked it's a good unit.

Just a note it looks like the 12" slicer is sold out the only have the 10" listed on the web site.

yea, I just got done talking with ryan there and he said they pull it from teh website as soon as they get down to 2 to be on the safe side.....so it's possible that there may be one left or not.........but you will have to call on them now.......but still have 10" units.......
icon_mrgreen.gif

I just got off the phone with the supplier. I ordered th 12" on the 8th, and still have not received it. I was told today that they are putting it through testing since it is a closeout, and that I should be getting it sometime next week, Has anyone else had the same problem?

ordered my 12 on wed. they called me yesterday and advised the web site did not ad the shipping and handling. it is $24.00 to Maryland standard ground. Must say really nice to deal with.
PDT_Armataz_01_37.gif

Jb,

When I spoke with Ryan he told me they had to switch out the circuit board breaker and more than likely it would have been that day. He guessed it would have been shipped to me today. Said I should have it in my greedy little hands around Tue.

they had alot of problems with my order, mostly because of the website messing things up, especially my cc number........ ryan told me that my order was being sent to the warehouse asap and would ship monday or tuesday....but monday is a holiday...... they should let you know if you emailed them when it ships...... also their website has a way to check, but not sure if that's really working or not....but you would have had to registered on the site etc.......

I orederd mine last Monday, Ryan told me they had a delay on the 10", something about quality testing, etc. No reason not to believe him. For the price, I can live with it.

Anyway, he said mine was shipping out on Mondy and I could call and get a tracking number after 4 pm EST. Ryan's extension is x202.

As a side note, he thought he talked to me the first time. I said it was someone else and I seemed to remember the extension. So, I said, "who is at ext 210?" His answer was classic, "That's the President's extension."

Turns out it was extension 201 which belongs to Braden which is the guy I spoke with.

I got my 12" slicer the other day................Big heavy unit, but there is a grinding that comes from the motor compartment........something is rubbing internal as the blade / rotor turns.
mad.gif
I might just let it "wear in" tick tick tick.

It's also stamped "remanufactured unit" so maybe this is the new circuit breaker people are talking about.

Also, it shows on the box that it comes with a stone assy for sharpening the blade, mine didn't come with one, did anyone elses include the stones?

I'm interested in a cheese blade for this, any sources?

Looking forwarded to doing some jerky thin slices soon.

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Hot Threads

Clicky