Well, We Went And Done It!!

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

Rafter H BBQ

Epic Pitmaster
Original poster
OTBS Member
★ Lifetime Premier ★
Jun 18, 2013
S.E. Idaho
The wife and I have contemplated for bout 5 years on getting tattoos…. It took a long and hard look at where to start!

She really helped in leading me to Jesus…took a while!

So here is what we ended up with…

The wife’s!

F8D0E730-EA0E-4311-BE3E-1DEF92F65761.jpeg

Mine…

DD823503-FBED-4C5D-ACFC-25C1BD6A90EE.jpeg

Good for you. My one and only Dragon Head Tattoo, was a spur of the moment thing. Went with a friend to a shop for her to get ink. She said, " Pick something out, I'm buying! " That was 20 years ago and a nice memory of a Young Lady I have not seen in years...JJ

Reactions: Rafter H BBQ
Nice Ink! It’s addictive in a good way! Just like JJs story, a permanent record of your story in that moment. The best ones are timeless!

I'm not against them by any means, I just don't understand the reasoning behind why.

The only tattoo I have is from pissing off my old 8th grade art teacher to the point that she threw an old dunk type fountain pen at me during a calligraphy lesson. With cat like reactions, I stuck my hand up to block the throw and the point of the calligraphy pen stuck into my palm.
That was back in the 70s and you can still see the inbeded ink in my hand.
Besides that, I'm cool, and I don't want anymore.:emoji_joy:

Last edited:
Both of yours look Great, Justin!!
Back in the day, you'd have to put Listerine on it for a few days, to avoid infection. Then it would scab up, and in about a week or so, the scab would fall off, and that would be the first time it looked nice.

I only have one I got in 1968, about a Month before we got married.
It's a Heart with vines, and the name "Linda" on a scroll in the middle.
They hurt more in those days, but were a lot cheaper, mine costing $4.50.

Bear

Last edited:
I've already had a chat with Justin about their tats so a little trivia for you guys... what's the saying that goes along with Nicole's tat and Justin's pic beside his name?

Ryan

Judy & I got wedding ring tattoos, for our 50th Anniversary. So we don’t need to wear rings anymore & I guess it’s permanent. I got a J on my ring finger & she got an A on her ring finger. It is pretty cool & not having my ring getting caught on stuff & worrying she was going to loose her diamond cause a prong broke.
Al

Judy & I got wedding ring tattoos, for our 50th Anniversary. So we don’t need to wear rings anymore & I guess it’s permanent. I got a J on my ring finger & she got an A on her ring finger. It is pretty cool & not having my ring getting caught on stuff & worrying she was going to loose her diamond cause a prong broke.
Al

That's Cool Al !!
I never wear my wedding ring. I used to only wear it when we went out.
I Didn't wear it in Vietnam, and I wasn't allowed to wear it for 20 years, while working at Bethlehem Steel, so I never got used to wearing it. Mrs Bear wears hers all the time.

Bear

Reactions: DRKsmoking
Nice but not outlandish and it's great that you did it together!
For some reason when I turned 45 I felt I'd hit a milestone and wanted to commemorate it somehow.
I thought about a tattoo but couldn't think of anything I'd want to be permanent, so I opted for an earring.
I've had a ring in my left ear for 23 years....

I've already had a chat with Justin about their tats so a little trivia for you guys... what's the saying that goes along with Nicole's tat and Justin's pic beside his name?

Ryan
trying to figure it out

From Tombstone

Doc ( Val Kilmer ) said " You're a daisy if you do!” But Daisy's and the cross . I think i'm stumped

David ( Tombstone , my favorite movie )

trying to figure it out

From Tombstone

Doc ( Val Kilmer ) said " You're a daisy if you do!” But Daisy's and the cross . I think i'm stumped

David ( Tombstone , my favorite movie )

David, I’m right there with you! Tombstone is by far my all time favorite movie! They all played great parts, but Val Kilmer knocked it out of the park playing Doc!

Reactions: DRKsmoking
Thanks everyone for dropping a line, the kind words and likes!

Just the daisy part of it... so yes you guessed correctly!
Fantastic , I finally won something , what do I get, what do I get. Just a minute I post my address

David
Ryan
David, I’m right there with you! Tombstone is by far my all time favorite movie! They all played great parts, but Val Kilmer knocked it out of the park playing Doc!
Yes it is by far the best and Val Kilmer is the best ( at least in this movie, sad to see how he is now ). I watch it a couple times a year ay least.

Before Tombstone ,1 of my other ones were The Long Riders ( 1980 ) all about the James Gang and the Youngers and the Ford brothers, all the actors were played by real brothers: all the Carradines played the Youngers, The 2 Keach brothers played Jessie and Frank James , etc
Good movie .
But not as good as Tombstone.

David

The Long Riders sounds familiar... sounds like a title from a Louis L'Amour book, but I know he didn't have any books about James gang or Youngers brothers

Ryan

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Hot Threads

Clicky