Welcome Michiganders

Discussion in 'Michigan Members Group' started by shamp, Nov 3, 2012.

1. maple sticks

maple sticks Smoking Fanatic

Hi everyone, Humdinger gave me a invite so I'm here looking around.

2. handymanstan

handymanstan Smoking Fanatic Group Lead

Glad you joined us Maple Sticks and [​IMG] to the group. 

Stan

3. humdinger

humdinger Master of the Pit Group Lead OTBS Member SMF Premier Member

Welcome again cityofvoltz and Maple sticks! Glad to have you guys.

He Maple Sticks, maybe you can bring back some "Orange sticks" for us Northerners!?!? LOL That stuff is hard to get around here!

4. maple sticks

maple sticks Smoking Fanatic

Neighbor cut a orange tree down. Helped him cut it up. Said he needed it hauled off. Told him I would take care of it for him. Its drying in my shed. [​IMG]

5. humdinger

humdinger Master of the Pit Group Lead OTBS Member SMF Premier Member

Score! I know poeple aren't supposed to move wood over long distances because of bugs (remember the Emerald Ash Borer?), but if some of that orange wood ends up stowing itself away in your trunk on your way back to MI, I'll help you get rid of it! lol jk [​IMG]

6. Hey, Thanks for the invite. Nice to chat with the Locals [​IMG]

7. shamp

shamp Smoke Blower

Im with Humdinger I would love to take some of that wood off your hands

8. shamp

shamp Smoke Blower

Welcome sunshine and maplesticks

9. Welcome fellow Michiganders! Very cool site, I have learned a bunch!

10. handymanstan

[​IMG]Woo Hoo the group is growing 45 members now. Come on Michiganders and if you have not joined the group yet [​IMG]please do.  We need to have a get together this summer.[​IMG]

Stan

11. I have pleanty of parking, and should have the pool in by May.

12. handymanstan

Pool  [​IMG]   Beer BBQ [​IMG].  Sounds like a great idea.  Sign me up[​IMG].  Maybe start a thread for the get together and see if there's interest.

Stan

13. Good idea Stan. We can get something started in the spring for a summer date.

14. handymanstan

Let me know I have 20  8' tables, 160 chairs, 6  10x20 canopy's and two 8' ice tables plus a truck and trailer to get them to the PARTY!!

Stan

15. Well that makes it easy!

Come on spring!!!

16. Hey, all...

I met Shamp a few weeks ago at a mutual friend's house...turns out we live in the same subdivision.  Somehow the conversation turned to smoking meat, and he pointed me towards this site.  As it happens, we're both in the beginning stages of new smoker builds, so there's likely some cold beer and hot metal in our near future.  It's 7 degrees this morning, so it's much more smoker planning weather than smoking weather!

Thought I'd say hi...looks like a fun and informative group!

17. Just slap on a pair of Long Johns and Carharts Doodle.

18. handymanstan

[​IMG] DoodleQ and you to Mr sunshine to the group and site.   This is a great place to learn and go broke.  [​IMG]   

Stan

19. Mr. Sunshine...Carharts for me or the smoker? Actually one of the reasons I'm building a new one is I can't keep the heat in my double drum unit when it's like this.

Handymanstan...thanks. Plenty to learn. One more thing to go broke with can't make that much of a difference!

Picked up the trailer for my new rig build today. 14' x 6'4", double axle 12,000gvwr. I'll be building with a section of crude oil pipeline, so I thought more trailer would be better than less. Still not sure what diameter I'll make the cooking chamber, so layout ideas are still pretty tentative, but I'll be sure to have plenty of firebox overbuilt into it so occasional use in Michigan is at least theoretically practical!
    I'm thinking I'll try to accommodate an open grill, a propane cook pot, and wood box, and a bit of work surface...maybe a burner if the layout allows. Any unusual ideas anyone has that are worth considering?

20. Whatever it takes DoodleQ

Sounds like you have a tank in mind there.