Welcome Michiganders

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
I hope all is well with all of you and finally warm cooking weather. 

I got my hands on a American Wagyu Beef brisket and worked from home today to smoke it.  Not only was it the best cut of beef but I almost had a perfect smoke.  I wish I would have had a little deeper smoke ring but it tasted great.

I hope all is well with all of you and finally warm cooking weather. 
  I got my hands on a American Wagyu Beef brisket and worked from home today to smoke it.  Not only was it the best cut of beef but I almost had a perfect smoke.  I wish I would have had a little deeper smoke ring but it tasted great.

Very nice! Where can someone score Wagyu in Michigan?

Gonna bring me some leftovers, Shamp?

Lit my rig at 3 and I'll be putting on about 60# of pork in a few minutes...cooking for a friend's kid's open house today. It's 3 pm or bust!

After this point, I got too busy pulling and packaging 60 lb of pork for the open house to take any more pix. All 8 got done on time (nice to have a warmer). It went over big. Long day started at 3am and ended at 1am, but lots of fun and I have to admit I liked the attention the grub got too!

Last edited:
Doodle looks great. Can't wait to use it the next couple weeks! Dj I work in the food industry and a customer had a couple left overs I bought from him. Other wise you can order it online

Pool update:

This job has been kicking my butt big time. I still have a few things to do, but the water finally went in today.
Sooooooo, should we get a Michigan gathering going???? I sure like the DoodleQ rig.

King, I think it would be fun IM open in July and August.   Doodle have a a great time, I will keep a watch over Pigasaurus and will load pictures of Fridays smoke.  Its looking like 30# of pulled pork, 2 chickens, 2 baby backs. 

Getting excited!  My dad and I are in the beginning stages of building a trailer smoker!  We have a 150 gal tank lined up and an axel ready to go.  Dad and build/weld anything, so it would turn out great!

I started a thread in the events area a couple days ago. Hopefully there will be some activity there once the 4th week is over.
Sorry that does not work for ya doodle.. I had a tough time finding a Saturday as well.

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Latest posts

Hot Threads

Clicky