Weber Kettle Rotisserie for Xmas

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
congrats on your new kettle accessory.

Let us know how it works out...

I have the kettle, without your accessory, and weber genesis gas grill and I do have the rotisserie accessory for the gas. I have had the rotisserie for about 8 or 9 years, and only use it about 3 or 4 times a year, mainly for whole chickens, but the family prefers whole chickens cooked on the kettle. Before I had a smoker, besides doing a lot of smoking in the kettle, I also smoked pork butts using the rotisserie on the gas grill (be sure to truss up the butt with butcher's twine to keep it from falling apart). Rotisseries do give you more cooking options.

That sleeve can give you more capacity for smoking too, getting the meat further from the heat and thus more heat control. However it would be a pain to add more briquettes.

I have had one 3-4 years.LOVE IT!!!

One note of caution...I put to many 10 pound plus hunks a beef on and the motor gave out last winter.....

Ordering a new motor soon...Rotis chicken,pork loin, small hunks of beef or name it are awesome on this unit.....

Now that thing looks cool and like it will work just fine too. I wonder if you can oufit it with some trays like that other rotisserie for the Uds. That way you could smoke alot of other things too.
PDT_Armataz_01_37.gif

That's my plan.....rotisserie and/or extra head-room for the kettle, rotisserize my UDS...lots of options! Should be able to get more baskets and the rib-o-lator trays too when my b-day rolls around. :)

I have the rotisserie from Webber made for the gasser I have.It does up to 12lbs. birds great.We thought that we would put a 18lbs.one on and the motor would run clockwise and reach the center and didn't have enough power to revolve all the way around ,then it would reverse directions and go to mid point and reverse directions again and again.this is great for smaller birds and we just buy them accordingly depending how I'm going to cook them.

I've been tossing that and the Weber version around in my head for a long time. It came down to cost and functionality for me. I can always add a basket later I figure.

I was pretty lucky to find an EZ-Que with the 6" cradle on Craigslist for a good price. Lemme tell ya, that whole ring being stainless steel is nice. Plus it has a way more heavy duty motor than my old rotis kit had.

Rotisserie stuff on the drum is pretty tasty.
PDT_Armataz_01_34.gif
You'll have a good time with it.

Dave

Well my gift arrived today...WOOHOO! Of course I just had to break it in right away, so I got me a chicken, rubbed it with some olive oil and sprinkled her with Plowboy's Yardbird Rub. I used some elastic food-grade string-type ties that came with my Ronco rotisserie...they definitely come in handy. This was an extremely moist and juicy bird. Here are some pics. I forgot to take one when it was done...too busy scarfing it down!

I can't wait to rotate a few more things!
697a38bd_vbattach22994.jpg

f8be5418_vbattach22995.jpg

2c7d9b27_vbattach22996.jpg

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Hot Threads

Clicky