WEBER GENESIS WHEEL BROKE OFF-QUALITY REALLY HAS GONE DOWNHILL.

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
Weber made several design changes that added nothing to the strength of the product but ensured that water WOULD collect in key places. Trust me, they know exactly how long it will take to rust through. They want repeat sales. Same strategy as lawnmower companies. Test the heck out of it and if key features last too long, change them.

Well the problem with their thinking is, I won't replace my Genesis with another Weber product.
Al

Bummer Al! Very sorry to hear this.
I have the same grill without the side burner...

Sucks to hear when you pay so much for something and it doesn’t last. I would be pissed too, especially since you’re not buying a $150-$250 grill.

I guess money doesn’t go far these days, sure doesn’t for me!

I’ve pondered a weber gas grill, but I’m really interested in getting a kettle, they still seem to be quality stuff right?

Reactions: SecondHandSmoker
Xray, you can't go wrong with a kettle. Startup time is going to be longer, but you can't beat the charcoal flavor vs. gas. They are pretty much bulletproof. The only possible problem area is the ash scraper on the bottom is made of pretty thin metal, and it can bend easily. My buddy finally had to replace his after around 10 years. Not too bad.

Reactions: xray
Xray, you can't go wrong with a kettle. Startup time is going to be longer, but you can't beat the charcoal flavor vs. gas. They are pretty much bulletproof. The only possible problem area is the ash scraper on the bottom is made of pretty thin metal, and it can bend easily. My buddy finally had to replace his after around 10 years. Not too bad.

I have the small portable weber smokey joe and I agree, the flavor is much better when using charcoal.

I’ve been meaning to get a kettle so I could do the smoked wings with vortex setup. I need the bigger size.

Good to hear they’re not junk yet. They are more expensive though this year, probably from the trade tariffs.

I got my 22" kettle off the curb.
Around here we have the 2 largest rummage sales of the year when the city does pickup of most anything off the curb.

I heard rumors that the quality of Webers gassers went downhill a while back. If you don't have to move it - I'd build a platform for it and remove the other wheels. Especially if everything else works.

Chris

I heard rumors that the quality of Webers gassers went downhill a while back. If you don't have to move it - I'd build a platform for it and remove the other wheels. Especially if everything else works.

Chris

Yea that is kinda the plan, I don't need to move it & it would be pretty easy to make a platform.
Al

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Latest posts

Hot Threads

Clicky