Masterbuilt gravity door switches.

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

fxsales1959

Master of the Pit
Original poster
SMF Premier Member
Dec 17, 2019
PembrokePines, FL
Greetings all MB gravity users
I have been off-line recently with life issues including a "almost -failed"cataract surgery.
Just last weekend my gravity 560 went tit's up during a baby back session. The thermostat/fan quit working.
being fairly familiar with the workings of these things. I manually checked the switches to no avail. I then disconnected the leads for the fire box door. I "connected them with alligator clips and got control again.
My gravity is two years old so i imagine out of warranty. My customer service history with Masterbuilt has been less than stellar with a couple MES30's.
So my question is: if you had switch issues did you replace with masterbuilt certified switches? I took the firebox switch off, which was a treat with only one functioning hand. I gave it a small squirt of Blaster white lithium grease and worked it un- mounted it seemed to work and regainerd functionality. Getting it re-mounted nd aligned so the door properly mashed it was also a treat.
So, to avoid mid smoke antics in the future i think i am going to replace it totally. I've seen several options on Amazon and the like.
What say ye?
Thsnks
John

I knew these where issues when I got my 800, I contacted MB and they sent me 3 switches. I know there are aftermarket switches out there that others have used. Seeing how often the original switches die I would go aftermarket.

Reactions: fxsales1959
I knew these where issues when I got my 800, I contacted MB and they sent me 3 switches. I know there are aftermarket switches out there that others have used. Seeing how often the original switches die I would go aftermarket.

Ditto this.

I ordered three of these, I think it was $21, got them the next day. I had talked to MB and two weeks later I got three switches they sent me, gratis.

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Latest posts

Hot Threads

Clicky