Wanting to up my smoking game from Oregon

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

adaretpdx

Original poster
Jun 30, 2017
Portland, OR
Hello Everyone,
I have a Green Mountain Jim Bowie smoker going on nearly 3 years. I have done OK with it (people have enjoyed the ribs I've cooked), probably because I haven't tried to get to fancy. I put ribs in it, try different temperatures (usually start at 220, raise it after a couple of hours, then lower it and put them in foil).

I'm here to learn more about rubs, and new techniques. I'm not really sure where my hot zones are, and also want to get better at having the future spices/rubs and sauces really stand out.

Last edited:
It's all about experience. You will make some awful meals, but once in a while you will hit it out of the park.
Take good notes on each smoke & figure what you did wrong & what you did right.
After a while they will all be right!
It's a learning experience.
Good luck & enjoy the journey!
Al

texas-animated-flag-1.gif
Good morning and welcome to the forum from a nice chilly sunny day here in East Texas, and the best site on the web. Lots of great people with tons of information on just about everything.

Gary

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Hot Threads

Clicky