Video games?

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
After finishing Days Gone I struggled to find something. On a whim I gave Tales of Arise a try on deep discount for $24. Action anime style JRPG is not something I’d typically play. I’ve been blown away by the game. Deep storyline , amazing mix of comic book style slide show cut scenes and phenomenally fun action battle with special finishers that’s video us super cool. Coming to the end soon so back to shopping. I tried the prior in the series and it sucked. Last of Us is of interest but the launch has been a disaster. Will let all the patches roll and price come down. The new Resident Evil looks good but not sure I’ll pay full retail. I’ve downloaded at least 10 demos of games and hated them all lol.

I've been playing Elder Scrolls Skyrim for almost two months and am only at 42%. This game is huge. A little more "magic" than I like but not too bad.
I apparently got bit by a vampire (again) and didn't know it until I started showing symptoms and now I have to see a dude in a town with a bounty on me to get cured. Might get dicey....
So far I like this game a lot and haven't gotten tired of it yet, unlike some other games.

Reactions: jcam222
I've been playing Elder Scrolls Skyrim for almost two months and am only at 42%. This game is huge. A little more "magic" than I like but not too bad.
I apparently got bit by a vampire (again) and didn't know it until I started showing symptoms and now I have to see a dude in a town with a bounty on me to get cured. Might get dicey....
So far I like this game a lot and haven't gotten tired of it yet, unlike some other games.
Online the MMORPG or standalone? I’ve played both. Great games. I’ve got one old room probably alive still with vampirism. I’m early game people used to sell the vampire bite for gold.

Online the MMORPG or standalone? I’ve played both. Great games. I’ve got one old room probably alive still with vampirism. I’m early game people used to sell the vampire bite for gold.
Standalone. I can't sit still for that long and I wouldn't be able to keep up with those folks.
I did get rid of my vampirism, though. Just had to pay my bounty (5000 gold, which is pocket change for me) and go through the ritual. Pretty painless and now I can go out in the daylight.
Now that I no longer have a bounty in that town they want me to buy a house LOL!
I already have two and don't need any more....

Reactions: jcam222
Broke out my old Tom Clancy's Rainbow Six Vegas 2. First tried the first one and video was so bad I just couldn't play it. The second was a great shooting game. Have couple partners for most of it that you give commands to but the solo part was so hard! Almost gave up. I really liked this game. All the Tom Clancy's games are good.

You should try Tom Clancy's Ghost Recon Wildlands...it's considered one of the best of TC's games. The shooting, movement, driving and flying mechanics are fantastic for a vast open world game. I just downloaded Ghost Recon Breakpoint last night to play after I finish up Generation Zero.

Most of the time I just ignore the AI "buddies" as they usually just get in the way or do something stupid at the wrong time. For Wildlands they are a necessity though.

Glad to know I'm not the only one still playing a video game. At 58, I get blank stares when I talk of playing my golf game.

I dont have days of time to put in to gaming and I dont dare get online for anything interactive. Years ago I was addicted to Quake2 online play. Some of the best fun I have ever had with a game. The environments were customizable and people created their own very cool environments. As a host you could even tweak the power level of weapons. I hated rail-gunners because I could never get the hang of it and ran a little too much lag. Highly skilled rail-gunners would dominate and ruin the fun of battle. I would dial back the power of the rail gun for instance and increase the power of the simple machine gun. Watching the rail gunners snivel because they no longer dominated everyone was fun. Average players could actually enjoy the battle for a little while without getting snuffed immediately upon spawning.

I would find myself laughing out-loud at 3AM like a madman not even realizing how much whiskey I had drank...until I walked down the hall to finally go to bed! It was only moving away from high speed internet at the time that broke the addiction.

Now I play only one game, offline. Tiger Woods 2008. Been playing it for years and still love it. Just the straight-up game play. I've already beaten the entire game and there are no online activities for it but I still give myself one round an evening with a cocktail for "me time". I just love the graphics and the sort-of real nature of the game. I used to play actual golf and was addicted to that. I set the game up to where I can play a round in about 45 mins so it doesn't eat too much of my time. I've tried later versions of TW and other golf games and none of them compare to 2008 in my opinion.

My buddy gave me several other games, Call of Duty, Forza, etc. but they are just too hard for me and I'm not spending days upon days of failure to get good. I have too much other stuff to do. I thought for sure I would take to Forza, as I halve always loved racing games, but I cant even drive the easiest car on the easiest level of the game worth a darn!

TW '08 still provides the dopamine release in the brain for me for enjoyment, and its an old friend I can count on! It was a challenge to find and keep X-Box 360's. Every one I got from Ebay or Gamestop always failed (the disc drive). A good friend of mine had the Eliete version he never played anymore and used it as a DVD player. I bought him a Blue Ray DVD player and he gave me the Elite 360 and I've been happily playing without failure for years now!

Reactions: LhornR
Glad to know I'm not the only one still playing a video game. At 58, I get blank stares when I talk of playing my golf game.

I dont have days of time to put in to gaming and I dont dare get online for anything interactive. Years ago I was addicted to Quake2 online play. Some of the best fun I have ever had with a game. The environments were customizable and people created their own very cool environments. As a host you could even tweak the power level of weapons. I hated rail-gunners because I could never get the hang of it and ran a little too much lag. Highly skilled rail-gunners would dominate and ruin the fun of battle. I would dial back the power of the rail gun for instance and increase the power of the simple machine gun. Watching the rail gunners snivel because they no longer dominated everyone was fun. Average players could actually enjoy the battle for a little while without getting snuffed immediately upon spawning.

I would find myself laughing out-loud at 3AM like a madman not even realizing how much whiskey I had drank...until I walked down the hall to finally go to bed! It was only moving away from high speed internet at the time that broke the addiction.

Now I play only one game, offline. Tiger Woods 2008. Been playing it for years and still love it. Just the straight-up game play. I've already beaten the entire game and there are no online activities for it but I still give myself one round an evening with a cocktail for "me time". I just love the graphics and the sort-of real nature of the game. I used to play actual golf and was addicted to that. I set the game up to where I can play a round in about 45 mins so it doesn't eat too much of my time. I've tried later versions of TW and other golf games and none of them compare to 2008 in my opinion.

My buddy gave me several other games, Call of Duty, Forza, etc. but they are just too hard for me and I'm not spending days upon days of failure to get good. I have too much other stuff to do. I thought for sure I would take to Forza, as I halve always loved racing games, but I cant even drive the easiest car on the easiest level of the game worth a darn!

TW '08 still provides the dopamine release in the brain for me for enjoyment, and its an old friend I can count on! It was a challenge to find and keep X-Box 360's. Every one I got from Ebay or Gamestop always failed (the disc drive). A good friend of mine had the Eliete version he never played anymore and used it as a DVD player. I bought him a Blue Ray DVD player and he gave me the Elite 360 and I've been happily playing without failure for years now!
61and gaming strong lol. Currently playing Outriders. Really enjoy it for a short mindless break of murdering monsters and enemies lol

I've been replaying all of the Borderlands games. I beat all of them on PC but playing on a 65 inch screen (PS4) adds to the mayhem. Currently on BL 3, playing as Moze.

Been playing Far Cry 6. This is a great game that goes on forever. I think I getting close to the end but this game has everything!
I played Far Cry 4 for a while and frankly just got tired of driving around shooting.
I've become addicted to Elder Scrolls Skyrim. I was about to give it up because of all the door opener puzzles when I found a website that had quest walk throughs and puzzle solutions.
I suppose that's cheating, but it actually makes the game more fun for me. I get tired of puzzles.
This game is huge. I've been playing it for a while and the options are endless.

Reactions: LhornR and jcam222
I'm 67 and and still play some BF2042 or COD MW2. The DMZ mode in COD is a hoot with a good squad. I suck at gaming but the hand /eye action is good for me and the belly laughs are even better !

I played Far Cry 4 for a while and frankly just got tired of driving around shooting.
I've become addicted to Elder Scrolls Skyrim. I was about to give it up because of all the door opener puzzles when I found a website that had quest walk throughs and puzzle solutions.
I suppose that's cheating, but it actually makes the game more fun for me. I get tired of puzzles.
This game is huge. I've been playing it for a while and the options are endless.
Excellent game that was ahead of its time. I cheated on the puzzles too as it's not the part of the game I enjoy

I'm 67 and and still play some BF2042 or COD MW2. The DMZ mode in COD is a hoot with a good squad. I suck at gaming but the hand /eye action is good for me and the belly laughs are even better !
I think it was BF3 that I would sit and listen to the AI squad members with me talking to each other...I got to cracking up and ended up getting ambushed not paying attention to the enemies.

• Haha
Reactions: crazymoon
Black Ops II was my favorite game on xbox. MW 2 was next. When I upgraded my computer my son took it over for gaming. He played a lot of Arma 3. I also played COD Cold War a lot. lol and I'm 66.

Another game my son used to play that is now free from Steam is Counter-Strike: Global Offensive.
When this first came out there where games where the prize money was in the hundreds of thousand of dollars.

Where I worked we had these little terminal that really had no space but just basically gave us updates on quality of our product but was still hooked up to the internent enough that we managed to get the game Mahjong installed on them. Spent many a night shift playing that game lol

Where I worked we had these little terminal that really had no space but just basically gave us updates on quality of our product but was still hooked up to the internent enough that we managed to get the game Mahjong installed on them. Spent many a night shift playing that game lol

I started out playing Pong on the new Atari my friends had back in the 80's. 63 now and still gaming...I do believe it helps keep the brain cells in shape. That's my story and I'm sticking with it! :emoji_wink:

Me and my son that lives in MD just finished playing Halo Infinite on the Legendary level last night. My azz cheeks still haven't unclenched. :emoji_laughing:

Daughter was in the mood so we just jumped Medieval on PS5 this weekend. Old remake from PS1. Graphics are pretty dang good considering. OMG old school if you die replay the whole level no checkpoints game LOL

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Latest posts

Hot Threads

Clicky