• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.

venison boudin

timberjet

Master of the Pit
Joined Jan 29, 2010
well, I totally skewed jeff's boudin recipe by going with venison and pork fifty fifty and no liver. Only because I didn't have the dang liver. I used A stock recipe from chuck taggert to cook the meat in. Great site, just google chuck taggert and cajun or creole, as we can't post links. I didn't take pictures of the process as there are many video's on youtube and such. Here are the sausages drying out a bit.

I used quite a few jalepenos and ground them in with fresh walla walla sweet onions and walla walla green sweets before I mixed in the rice and reserved stock. Sorry if I don't have time to go through the entire process. Jeff has a great recipe on here and I used it for a guideline. will get a Q view here in a few.

timberjet

Master of the Pit
Joined Jan 29, 2010

Half way there. Kind of a pile. Need another uds. I have rwo racks but the lower one is quite a bit hotter and I only usually use it for water pan and such. I swap them around and brush with olive oil once an hour.

timberjet

Master of the Pit
Joined Jan 29, 2010
I have been making quite a bit of sausage lately and need to wrangle up some materials to build a proper smoke house. The uds is great for everything except large quanities of sausage. If anyone has a sausage hanging rig on their uds please, I could use some ideas.

woodcutter

Master of the Pit
OTBS Member
Joined Jul 2, 2012
Nice batch of boudin! What is the lowest temp you can maintain with your UDS? Just curious.

timberjet

Master of the Pit
Joined Jan 29, 2010
thanks, they tasted great. I can get down to 175 and hold on a cool day. Any lower and I have to use the big chief with the insulated shelter I built for it. It has a real hot element and I can get 145 out of it. so when I co cured or summer sausage it is kind of a pain but I get er done. I need a proper smoke house just for sausage.

Latest posts

Hot Threads

Top Bottom
  AdBlock Detected

We noticed that you're using an ad-blocker, which could block some critical website features. For the best possible site experience please take a moment to disable your AdBlocker.