venison boudin

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

timberjet

Master of the Pit
Original poster
Jan 29, 2010
Waitsburg Washington
well, I totally skewed jeff's boudin recipe by going with venison and pork fifty fifty and no liver. Only because I didn't have the dang liver. I used A stock recipe from chuck taggert to cook the meat in. Great site, just google chuck taggert and cajun or creole, as we can't post links. I didn't take pictures of the process as there are many video's on youtube and such. Here are the sausages drying out a bit.

I used quite a few jalepenos and ground them in with fresh walla walla sweet onions and walla walla green sweets before I mixed in the rice and reserved stock. Sorry if I don't have time to go through the entire process. Jeff has a great recipe on here and I used it for a guideline. will get a Q view here in a few.

I have been making quite a bit of sausage lately and need to wrangle up some materials to build a proper smoke house. The uds is great for everything except large quanities of sausage. If anyone has a sausage hanging rig on their uds please, I could use some ideas.

thanks, they tasted great. I can get down to 175 and hold on a cool day. Any lower and I have to use the big chief with the insulated shelter I built for it. It has a real hot element and I can get 145 out of it. so when I co cured or summer sausage it is kind of a pain but I get er done. I need a proper smoke house just for sausage.

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.
Clicky